Mendicant's Staff is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
A staff with a small bowl attached to the tip, similar to a mendicant's crook. Absorb additional souls from fallen foes.
The staff's history is unclear. It may be a relic of an ancient serpent's greed, or a ritual artifact used to summon souls.
Skill: Steady Chant
Boost the strength of sorceries for a very short period. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- Trade it to Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow to obtain the Sunlight Shield.
- Increases souls gained by 20%. Stacks with the Covetous silver serpent ring (10%), Shield of want (20%), and Symbol of avarice (50%). The total increase in souls gained by equipping all of these items is 237.60%.
- The staff must be held for the souls to count, this is proven by silver serpent icon in the status bar.
- Rusted Coins and full Item Discovery gear are recommended if trying to obtain this Staff, as it is very rare.
- The most farmable Man-Serpent Summoner is at the Great Belfry bonfire.
- The word 'mendicant' originally referred to one who belonged to one of the religious orders that originally relied solely on alms for their upkeep; those who are given to begging; a beggar can be said to be a member of a mendicant order. Given that Man-Serpent Summoners rely as heavily as they do on their summons to absorb and inflict damage for them, this might explain the name chosen for the staff that they carry.
- At 60 INT it has a spellbuff of 208.
- Can immediately swap to the mendicant staff after killing an enemy to gain the 20% increase in souls.
Location/Where to Find
- Drops from Man-Serpent Summoners in Archdragon Peak, near the Great Belfry and Dragon-Kin Mausoleum.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Mendicant's Staff Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)