|Enemy Type||Cursed Tribe|
|Weakness||Dark, Bleed, Poison/Toxic|
|Resistances||Lightning, Fire, Magic|
Mimic is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- Mimics punish greed, taking on the form of chests and gorging on any who seek their hoard. Avarice is their nature.
- Unlike normal chests, which cannot be destroyed, the Mimic will wail if killed.
- Souls: NG (2000), NG+ (8000)
- When opened by a player, will quickly grab them and chew on them, dealing high damage. Often times an insta-kill for players.
- If spotted as a mimic and attacked it springs up and starts attacking the player.
- Avoid the mimic's Grab attack at all costs- it will pick you up and chew on you, which is almost always a guaranteed death for the player (however, sufficiently high HP can allow you to survive).
- Standing Moveset: Kick. Arm Swipe. Grab. Spin Kick.
- Crouching Moveset: Lunge. Backwards Grab. Poison Spit.
- Weak to Dark Damage, Poison, Toxic and Bleed.
- Resistant to Lightning Damage, Fire Damage and Magic Damage.
- Mimics have very high Poise
- Mimics take less damage in chest form and while transforming.
- Casting Rapport on a Mimic will make it ignore the player character, but even under the effect of this Pyromancy, opening a dormant Mimic will trigger it's attack.
- Can be lured?
- Resting at a bonfire will not reset their position. Resulting in some fun times with your very own pet mimic.
Mimic Locations and Drops
Irithyll Dungeon - Paired with a real chest at the end of rat filled tunnel, beware of a basilisk ambush because after you loot this one about 5 - 6 basilisks will come from nowhere to curse you - Dark Clutch Ring
Profaned Capital - In the swampy, poisonous area get on top of the building. Where you battle the NPC for Logan's Scroll look for an open window and drop down. The mimic is in this room behind a pillar next to the Monstrosities of Sin - Court Sorcerer's Staff
Ringed City -From the Shared grave bonfire (before you fend off Midir) head to the bottom of the tower via the curved stairs, till you get to the entrance. head past the entrance and drop to the next level below. head up the stairs until you fall, and head up those stairs, and the first room on the left has a mimic - Ring of the Evil Eye +3.
Notes & Tips
- Loot is dropped from that chest's loot table, with a chance for an additional item unique to mimics, the Symbol of Avarice . It is not guaranteed that you will get it this way. Instead, farm the last living mimic.
- To spot a mimic chest without hitting it check the chain on its right side. Mimics will always be straight, pointing towards the player, real chests chains curl inwards. Alternatively, you can spot a mimic by its breathing, which happens every so often.
Regular(Left) vs. Mimic Chest(Right)
- Mimics are capable of dealing and receiving damage from other enemies in the game. They may be able to aggro onto other enemies as well, although their primary target is the player . Additionally, a Mimic can be used to kill the Demon mini-boss.
- Pestilent Mist, Toxic Mist, Dung Pie, Stalk Dung Pie and Poison Mist does not awaken mimics.
- An alternative interaction once you know the chest is a Mimic is to use an Undead Hunter Charm on the Mimic. This will render the Mimic incapacitated and will allow you to loot the Mimic like you would a normal chest. After the effect expires, the Mimic goes back to its default, sleeping state with a big yawn.
- Casting Warmth on a Mimic will mark it by its healing effect.
- A hit from a single arrow will reveal a Mimic without waking it. Wait a few seconds, loose another arrow, and repeat the process to kill it in its chest form. This will not work if you stand to close to the mimic.
- If a Mimic is killed in one shot while closed it will trigger a special death animation where the mimic doesn't stand up, but instead stays on the ground with it's toungue out whilst the top half of the Mimic slowly turns over hitting the ground.