The long-handled staff wielded by the murkmen who rise from the depths.
Slathered with a black murkiness, and fit for dark sorceries.
Skill: Chant from the Depths
Works with staff equipped in left or right hand. Briefly boosts the strength of dark sorceries.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- Gives dual Intelligence and Faith scaling to dark sorceries.
- This staff's Intelligence scaling softcaps at 45, after which it gains virtually nothing. It scales better with Intelligence than the Izalith Staff, but nowhere near as well with Faith.
- At 45 Intelligence and 7 Faith, it outdamages the Izalith Staff and Court Sorcerer's Staff when casting dark sorceries. The Izalith Staff will not outdamage it before 20 Faith (or 30 Faith when using Chant from the Depths / Steady Chant), and the Court Sorcerer's Staff will not outdamage it before 55 Intelligence.
- This staff's weapon art increases dark damage significantly more than other staves increase spell damage (except for Sage's Crystal Staff). Because of this, it's possible this staff will still outdamage the Izalith Staff even when using a dark build with equal Intelligence and Faith investment as long as you are willing to use the weapon art.
- Despite being one of the longest staves in the game, this staff does not have increased stamina cost while casting spells like other long staves normally do. It instead has the regular short staff stamina cost that staves like the Sorcerer's Staff and Court Sorcerer's Staff has, which means this staff can be incredibly potent when using Farron Flashsword and in general still has a decent use over the Izalith Staff even when it has a lower spell buff.
- This staff's R2 attacks deal more damage than other staves. Its weapon art will buff this damage while active.
Location/Where to Find
- The Ringed City: In The Dreg Heap, after you pass the angel-like hollow firing projectiles, defeat the two Cathedral Knights and head out. You can go left (downhill) or right (uphill). Head right and into the building and go through the rooms of hollows that keep spawning to find this on a corpse in the last room. Video Example
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Murky Longstaff Upgrade Table
Requires regular reinforcement, totalling 930 souls, 12 titanite shards, 12 large titanite shards, 12 titanite chunks and 1 titanite slab.
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)