Paladin's Ashes is an Ash in Dark Souls 3.
- Give to the Shrine Handmaid to unlock Undead Hunter Charm, Duel Charm, Morning Star, Crescent Axe, Canvas Talisman and Lloyd's Shield Ring.
- Looted from a corpse near the first bonfire at Cathedral of the Deep behind a hostile NPC. After warping to the bonfire, turn to your left and head down the path. The item will be at the end of the short path. (Fextra Video location)
- Player note 1
- The items and the description all describe the various doomed Way of White clerics that lost their lives all the way back in Dark Souls 1.
- The charms and the ring referencing Allfather Lloyd's cult are all relics from that era of Way of White worship.
- The "headstrong paladin" that got himself killed is Paladin Leeroy, in accordance to the suicidal antics of his original World of Warcraft namesake.
- The Crescent Axe was wielded by Nico, the quiet half of Reah's entourage, who went hollow along with Vince in the Tomb of the Giants.
- The Morning Star was wielded by Petrus, being one of the first hints that he wasn't as pure as his fellow priests.
- The Canvas Talisman was carried by the Cleric starting class and could otherwise be found in Trusty Patches' pawn inventory among other things robbed from dead priests. Judging by the body carrying the rest of the starting equipment, the "original" Cleric prior to the player was probably killed by Patches' bridge-flipping trick.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!