Pontiff's Left Eye
Pontiff's Left Eye is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
Pontiff's Left Eye Effect
- Recovers 30 HP with successive attacks
- Weight: 0.9
- Attacking 2 or more enemies when the effect triggers has a chance to proc a overheal, healing the player massively.
- This is speculated to be a coding oversight, or a bug, that never got fixed.
- Will occasionally fully restore HP all at once if you land enough hits in a short timeframe, such as using a fast weapon against a crowd of enemies
- Heals 30 HP each healing tick.
- Below is a table listing the amount of hits it takes for a weapon to proc the healing effect in as short as window as possible. Testing notes are below it.
The information in this table requieres further testing. So far, the only 100% accurate data are One Handed Light attacks.
|Weapon Class||One Handed Light||Two Handed Light||One Handed Heavy||Two Handed Heavy|
|Spear & Pikes||6||6||6||6|
|Curved Greatswords||3 or 4 (depends on weapon)||3||3||3|
|Greataxes||4||4||Too Slow||Too Slow|
|Great Hammer||4||4||Too Slow||Too Slow|
|Ultra Greatsword||4||4||Too Slow||Too Slow|
- Weapon Arts count towards the combo counter.
- Charged attacks count for more points on the combo counter.
- Healing effect may proc before actual hit connects from input.
- Invaders may see healing effect before healing effect actually occurs, or when it never occurs in the first place.
- Weapons with vastly different movesets from their standard may have a bit different results from their weapon class. For example, the weapon "Halberd" has a partial spear moveset, and has different results from the rest of the Halberd weapon class for the most part.
- Hits that land just after the enemy dies counts towards the combo counter (tested with Sellsword Twinblades, two handed: two light attacks while target is alive, the third one while the target is dead, completing the combo and healing the player)
Story & Lore
- The name Sulyvahn means "little dark eye" or "dark-eyed" in Irish.
- Cut content suggests that Sulyvahn's character was to appear in The Untended Graves.