Pontiff Knight Curved Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Curved sword wielded by the Pontiff’s knights, frigid spirits that linger in Irithyll.
The large blade appears to be eaten away by insects, making it lightweight but also brittle.
Skill: Frost Blade
Execute large spinning motion to embue blade with frost, and follow through with a strong attack that slashes with a giant blade made of frost.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Buffed or Infused.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Highest durability of all Curved Swords.
- Can parry if held in the left hand.
- Kick animation is replaced with a slash & backflip
- Has the longest 2-handed range out of all the Curved Swords
Softcaps & Scaling:
- Pontiff Knight Curved Sword +5:
- 2 Handed stats
- 12/18/10/0 = 273 AR = Base Stats
- 26/18/10/0 = 319 AR = Str Softcap
- 12/40/10/0 = 347 AR = Dex Softcap
- 26/40/10/0 = 392 AR = Overall Softcap
- 40/40/10/0 = 403 AR
- 2 Handed stats
- Gets less than 2 AR per level after the softcaps, as expected from D scaling.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Pontiff Knights in Irithyll or bought from Greirat, or from Shrine Handmaid if given Greirat's ashes, for 6000 souls once he returns from his first outing
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Pontiff Knight Curved Sword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)