Pontiff Knight Great Scythe is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Great scythe wielded by the Pontiff's knights, frigid spirits that linger in Irithyll.
The large blade appears to be eaten away by insects, making it lightweight but also brittle.
Create a bone-chilling frost with each swing of the greatscythe that causes a temporary frost effect.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Despite the S scaling in DEX, it is weaker than a Sharp Great Corvian Scythe and is only slightly stronger than a Sharp Great Scythe with 60 DEX and 20 STR.
- Prior to regulation 1.33, the weapon stats did not show that the weapon inflicted Bleed. This left many players wondering whether the scythe dealing Bleed damage was a glitch or not.
- Has a "Sweet Spot" meaning if the play hit with the pole part of the weapon it does 5% less damage, conversely if the player hits with the blade they deal 3% more damage.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by the Pontiff Knight wielding this weapon in front of the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss room.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Pontiff Knight Great Scythe Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)