Prisoner's Chain is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
- Adds 15 Virtual Levels:
- Lowers player Absorption stat, depending on current Absorption:
- -4.0 when naked (Video Example).
- -2.588 when wearing full Havel's.
- Weight: 0.8
- Has a complex effect on incoming damage & survivability:
- Unless your defenses are really low, or you've reached softcaps in Vigor/Vitality/Endurance, this ring is an improvement and never a hindrance.
- The extra damage you take is almost always balanced out by the increase in defenses and max HP.
- Equipping this ring will give you 15 Virtual levels, it does not increase your character's real Soul Level.
- At higher Soul levels, the Defense Increase from 15 Virtual levels will become proportionally smaller.
- Prior to 1.13 patch, absorption was decreased by 10.0
- The ring's icon appears to have been borrowed from Dark Souls 2's "Ring of the Embedded" found in that game's "Crown of the Ivory King" DLC. The items are nearly the same, with the exception that The Embedded's ring became more effective at increasing the players stats had they chosen to not invest in them.