Refined Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Used in infusion to create Refined Weapons.
- Refined weapons have a balanced, mid range, Strength and Dexterity scaling.
- x1 guaranteed drop per NG from the Red Eyed Blue Knight to the left of the entrance to Emma at her church in High Wall of Lothric. Afterwards drop rate decreased greatly but is still farmable here (Item Location Video Guide).
- 1x on a Corpse, in the midst of the blaze, beneath the two dragons who spew fire in Lothric Castle, near the Dragon Barracks bonfire.
- 1x from a crystal lizard on the room in Grand Archives.
- 3x sold by the Shrine Handmaid after giving her the Captain's Ashes.
- Rare drop from Cathedral Grave Warden in Untended Graves.
- Rare drop from Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle.
- Can drop from the Red Eyed Knight in Grand Archives. From the bonfire, go in the opposite way of the grand archives, you can find a tougher knight with a sword.
- Rare drop from the Red-Eyed Lothric Knights outside of the Twin Princes' bonfire. All four knights are almost guaranteed to drop Large Titanite Shards, have a chance to drop Embers, Titanite Chunks and rarely Lightning Gems, and also yield a high amount of souls (an especially high amount for NG), making this an ideal grinding spot. An easy way to farm these knights is to sneak up on them and use Rapport. The Slumbering Draconcrest Ring can help with this.
- Refined weapons are often the best Infusion choice for high level characters who have invested heavily in both strength and dexterity. When comparing AR at Blacksmith Andre for infusions, be aware that the damage increase that will occur by two handing a weapon is not taken into account.
- They can be farmed from the Red Eyed Lothric Knight outside of the Dancer of the Boreal Bonfire. Just a very rare drop. Stack as much discovery as possible.
- Refined weapons are similar to the Quality upgrade in Demon's Souls.