Ring of Sacrifice
Ring of Sacrifice is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
Ring of Sacrifice Effect
- Prevents soul loss upon death.
- Prevents becoming Hollow upon death, even at 15 hollowing or more.
- Does not prevent Hollowing buildup upon death.
- Does not stop you from losing your Ember upon death.
- Will not take any effect from death by Curse.
- When dying with ring equipped, the ring will disappear from the player's inventory.
- Dying as a phantom will break this ring. Unequip upon summon.
Where to Find Ring of Sacrifice
- Sold by Yuria of Londor for 5,000 souls (maximum of 3)
- Sold by Shrine Handmaid for 5,000 souls (maximum of 3 - after giving Hollow's Ashes or Yuria's Ashes).
- Can also be received by trading Loretta's Bone with the Crow in Firelink Shrine.
- Looted from some remains at High Wall of Lothric: they are on a wooden tarp just above the entrance to the open area with a lot of Red Knight bodies. This is also where you fight the Winged Knight. (Watch the Fextra Video)
- Found at Road of Sacrifices on a ledge in the castle ruin.
- One found in the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley river (Video)
- Found in Consumed King's Garden in corner by elevator
- Not only does the ring save your souls but it will also save your bloodstains. For example if you died without ring on you would drop all souls at spot A. Then you equip ring of sacrifice but then die at spot B before making it to spot A. Your bloodstain would still be at spot A (with all you previouse souls) rather than being at spot B
- Unlike Dark Souls II, the ring completely breaks upon death, there is no way to repair it, just like in the original Dark Souls.
- Also unlike the previous versions of Dark Souls, this ring WILL break when you are being summoned and die in another players world. It is unknown at this time if this is an oversight on From Softwares part, or if it has some deeper meaning which has yet to be found.Till that time it is advised to remove it before being summoned, as you will needlessly lose it if you perish in the hosts world.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
i dont understand why so many people are complaining, early on in your playthrough these are just free 2k souls, i always instantly sell them when i find them and im happy to do so
Still more useful than the reversal ring.
Completely pointless to me if we can't repair it anymore.... that's what made the damn thing so valuable, it was like a bank you had to invest in to keep a float.
Great for people just trying to speed run through and Not spend any souls.
Now what's the point? When it breaks, it's gone and now there limited...
Do I need to get all of these available to get the achievement?
Probably the only thing i never actually use...
if it secured my embered state upon death this ring would be very useful. why is this ring so limited in every way? even titanite slabs are 15 and these rings are only 8. you can tell it is poorly designed when all of us probably abused it in DS2 and most of never used it in 3
Unlike DS2's Ring of Soul Protection, when you die, the ring is destroyed and cannot be repaired. I die for exploring and finding ways to destroy all monsters along the way.
I use this in a very specific type of playthrough/character where if you fail to grab your bloodstain/souls before dying again, then the playthrough/character is forever lost UNLESS you equip this ring to save the bloodstain/souls.
I think the Wiki is missing one tidbit of info so I did some testing.
Okay; if we wear the ring and Die, our souls stay in our inventory. But if first we lose some souls, then don the ring, then die before recovering those souls, we keep our souls and we ALSO don't lose the green pickup that represents our previous souls.
To clarify with a sequence:
>Running dick first through the minefield that is Ashes of Ariendel DLC because I hate being invaded there and just want to show up at an appropriate level to gank Friede with 5 phantoms.
>Try to run and grab Quakestone Hammer from Millwood Knight Guardian.
>"Killed 'Em in One-Hit" - Millwood Knight
>Lost 30,000 something souls since I haven't leveled up since Vordt.
>Run back up hill with Ring of Sacrifice to try to recover souls.
>Nothing left to lose Go back
>Souls Still There
>Get too Excited to run and pick them up again
>"Killed 'Em in One-Hit" - Millwood Knight
It's fun to gift this to people in the arena, followed by a point down, and a parry to one-shot riposte. :)
Is it worth keeping this or should I just sell it for an extra boost?
I've never even used this ring and I've played every Souls game.
This is probably the only thing in your entire DS3 experience that will break.
Equipped the ring before Dragonslayer boss fight just in case and defeated the boss in first try without dying. When returning to Firelink Shrine message appeared that Ring has been shattered due to sacrifice. Don't understand the mechanics...
ring of casul
Wearing the ring before you collect your souls also prevents the souls from disappearing. So if you have just lost like 500K souls and want to be sure to get it, wear this ring.
Do you need all of these in order to get the "The Master of rings" achivement?
I used this and it didnt work for some reason, anyone know why?
Do I have to collect all Rings of Sacrifice to get "the master of rings" achievement or a single copy is enough ?
this ring doesn't work.
If you died again and again you would need this ring for a reason because you could f***k yourself and be stuck at a pow soul level if you kept dying before you got your souls back because you could grind enemies till they wouldn't spawn anymore it makes sense to not repair it in this one I mean really
Was in Demon Ruins going to see how phantom Tsorig did against actual Tsorig after he kick my keister. When i died to the basalisk swarm though the ring didn't break losing my +200,000 souls in the process.
Ring did not work for me when i died in Crucifixion Woods from another player. and i lost all my souls.
So..does anyone else have all the rings but didn't get the trophy so we can cry together ?
How does this (as in every occurence of this ring) work with the achievement ?
As cheesy as DS2's variant was, It made end game grinding a cakewalk rather than a grueling grindfest that pretty much spelled dying needlessly and losing out on all that effort. I really hope they consider adding at least one of these rings; Ring of Life or Soul protection.
I just went to retrieve lost souls in farron keep. at the place were the swamp is very deep and there's 4 or 5 frogs coming at you. I got cursed, died and then my previous souls were gone, and the ring didn't break. I guess it only works when it's not a curse that kills you? -.-
Seriously? I just learned the hard way that this thing breaks when you die as a summoned phantom. That has to be a glitch right? That's a ***** move, even by From standards.
Can this ring be repaired or is it utterly destroyed? Haven't seen any evidence that rings include durability stats.