Scholar's Candlestick is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
A candlestick covered in ivory scales once used by the Scholars of the Great Archives.
This served as their guiding light, as well as a tool of self-restraint. Even today, wielders of this weapon benefit from the resulting sorcery-strengthening properties.
Skill: Guiding Light
A candle provides a temporary source of light which reveals additional guidance.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- All weapons have motion values assigned to each attack, which are modifiers to AR that are associated with the attack being used.
- The Scholar's Candlestick has a motion value of 345 on backstab, 414 on riposte, and 69+402.5 on Hornet Ring riposte. The motion value of a backstab with a dagger does not change with Hornet Ring.
- This means that aside from a difference in AR, no infusion is strictly better for ripostes, as all infusions will get the same motion value, with the only difference being AR. Use whatever infusion will net the most damage for the best results.
- The Scholar's Candlestick has a range of 14.7sp on the 2h R1.
- sp, or Shield Pokes, are a unit of measurable distance to determine the range of a weapon. Certain actions create different distances from a wall, allowing one to test the range of certain attacks. While this testing isn't 100% accurate, it is a very good indicator of the ranges of each attack.
- The Weapon Skill Guiding Light will ignite the Scholar's Candlestick, similar to a Torch or Follower's Torch, providing light. See Guiding Light for more information.
- Boosts Sorceries damage by 10% across all upgrade levels, including Magic and Dark Sorceries.
- Stacks multiplicatively with other Sorcery damage increase items:
- As long as the player has the weapon equipped in one hand at all times, the damage buff will still be granted even if they lack the requirements to wield it properly.
- Reinforcing the weapon does not boost bonus sorcery damage.
Location/Where to Find
- Drops from Scholars wielding this weapon in the Grand Archives
- Can be bought from Shrine Handmaid (if you give her Greirat's Ashes after doing the requirements below) or it can be bought from Greirat of the Undead Settlement (if he survives his 2nd expedition through Irithyll) for 3500 souls.
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)