Sharp Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
Sharp Gem Effect
- Infuse into a weapon to make Sharp weapon.
- Lowers the base damage on weapons, but gives them a higher Dexterity scaling.
- Does not prevent resins/buffing the infused weapon.
- Farron Coal must be given to Blacksmith Andre to unlock sharp infusions.
- Most commonly drops from both talon and rapier crows in Painted World of Ariandel DLC. To farm the most effective way just warp to Corvian Settlement bonfire and jump down to the river where the talon crow ambushes you by dropping down from the ceiling. You can kill him twice before rusted coin buff runs out if you are fast enough. Uncommon drop ().
- Drops from Red-Eyed curved sword wielding Skeletons at Catacombs of Carthus bonfire (Turn left after the skeleton ball, these enemies are after the rats). Ultra-Rare drop.
- Drops from Red-Eyed curved sword+shield Skeletons just before Catacombs of Carthus bonfire. (From the bonfire, turn RIGHT, kill the two skeletons, repeat cycle.) Ultra-Rare drop.
- Also drops from shotel wielding Carthus Skeletons. Rare drop
- 1x found at Catacombs of Carthus (Video).
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard, near the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire (where the invader spawns), in Undead Settlement. Note: Lizard may escape as you spawn, instead try coming from Undead Settlement bonfire (video location).
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard on the rooftops in The Grand Archives (the spot where there are two lizards and giant gargoyles in the area)
- Sharp infusions are worse for the weapon's base damage than Heavy infusions, but less severe than Refined infusions.
- Infusing degrades Strength scaling, but doesn't nullify it.
- most sharp infusable weapons have a 4 components slope regarding return on investment in dexterity : steep positive slope up to 40; slow positive slope between 40 and 60; very steep positive slope between 60 and 83-84; very slow positive until 99.
- The function of this gem is similar to the Bladestone in Demon's Souls.