Simple Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Used for Simple Infusion.
- Simple weapons deal Magic Damage which scales with Intelligence.
- Simple weapons also restore FP while the weapon/shield is visible.
- Rare drop from Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon (1%)
- Irithyll Dungeon on a corpse across the bridge, immediately on the left when going down the stairs, next to 3 jailers and some cage spiders.
- One dropped by crystal lizard above Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire (which is found by taking the one pathway leading opposite to an elevator shortcut before Anor Londo). It's where the fire-casting undead are at.
- One in the Painted World of Ariandel, Corvian Settlement. From the Corvian Settlement bonfire, go across the bridge and drop down behind the gated area to the left containing a lever, a Sewer Centipede, and a Simple Gem.
- Simple equipment will restores 1 FP every 5 seconds. Every upgrade level will reduce the tick interval by 0.2 seconds.
Upgrade Level Tick Interval Effective FP/second +0 5s 0.2 FP/s +1 4.8s 0.208 FP/s +2 4.6s 0.217 FP/s +3 4.4s 0.227 FP/s +4 4.2s 0.238 FP/s +5 4s 0.250 FP/s +6 3.8s 0.263 FP/s +7 3.6s 0.278 FP/s +8 3.4s 0.294 FP/s +9 3.2s 0.313 FP/s +10 3s 0.333 FP/s
- The simple effect also stacks with other simple equipment. Assuming two +10 simple items are equipped, you will regenerate 2 FP every 3 seconds (effective 0.666 FP/s).
- Weapons that come in pairs when two-handed, such as Fist weapons, will not stack the effect. Two individual weapon slots need to be filled in order to stack the effect.
- Simple weapons cannot be buffed with resins or magical weapon buffs.
- It may be a good idea to infuse a parrying item (such as the Buckler, Parrying Dagger, or Caestus in the offhand) with the Simple gem, as you are unlikely to use these items to block actual attacks in a PvP scenario. Therefore, you sacrifice a very small amount of damage absorption in exchange for a small FP regen buff.
- Requires the Giant's Coal in order to start infusing weapons.
- Has a similar effect to Crescent Upgrades from Demon's Souls.