Simple Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Infuse into a weapon to make it Simple.
- Simple weapons deal magic damage which scales with Intelligence.
- Simple weapons also restore FP while the weapon/shield is visible.
- Irithyll Dungeon on a corpse across the bridge, immediately on the left when going down the stairs, next to 3 jailers and some cage spiders.
- One dropped by crystal lizard above Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire (which is found by taking the one pathway leading opposite to an elevator shortcut before Anor Londo). It's where the fire-casting undead are at.
- One in the Painted World of Ariandel, Corvian Settlement. From the Corvian Settlement bonfire, go across the bridge and drop down behind the gated area to the left containing a lever, a Sewer Centipede, and a Simple Gem.
- Simple Gems can be farmed from the Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon.
- Requires the Giant's Coal in order to start infusing weapons.
- FP restoration is only affected by the weapon's upgrade.
- The FP base regeneration rate for is 1 FP every 5 seconds. (0.2 FP/sec)
- It decreases by 0.217 seconds per upgrade level. (or increases by 0.015 FP/sec)
- At +10 it replenishes 1 FP every 2.85 seconds. (0.35 FP/sec)
- If two Simple weapons +10 are equipped, regeneration rate is a total of 0.7 FP/sec.
- All weapons and shields have the same FP regeneration rate.
- It may be a good idea to infuse a parrying item (such as the Buckler, Parrying Dagger, or Caestus in the offhand) with the Simple gem, as you are unlikely to use these items to block actual attacks in a PvP scenario. Therefore, you sacrifice a very small amount of damage absorption in exchange for a small FP regen buff.