Sorcery developed primarily for sorcerer-swordsmen.
Attacks with a greatsword formed from souls.
The ephemeral blade only exists as an extension of the caster, but its power is said to rival that of physical greatswords. Even the most obstinate magic purists may resort to this spell in times of crisis.
- Soul Greatsword inflicts (Spell Buff x 2) magic damage before resistances.
- At max cast speed (50 dex), this spell can true combo out of a two-handed Heysel pick R1. It might also combo out of a one-handed L1 (needs testing).
- Has wide horizontal range, making it good for crowd control.
- Fairly easy to dodge if the opponent sees the attack coming.
- It pairs decently with Farron Flashsword, as both spells add to a staff's moveset. Furthermore, since Flashsword can skip its cast animation so easily, it may combo cleanly out of Greatsword (needs testing)