Splintering Bolt is an Ammunition in Dark Souls 3.
- Ammo for Crossbows.
- Bolts that explode immediately after being shot, causing Bleeding.
- Deal 20 Physical, and 3 bleed damage.
- Available to purchase (280 souls) from the Shrine Handmaiden after sending Greirat on his third thieving run in Lothric Castle and giving her Greirat's ashes.
- Each bolt costs 280 Souls.
- You can only carry 60 in your inventory at any one time, as well as 600 in stash.
- Bolt will split into shards after traveling roughly a metre after being fired.
- Useful in PvP to help build the opponent's bleed meter, making it easier to proc bleed with weapons, especially when combined with Carthus Rouge or a Bleed Infusion.
- Luck does not affect the amount of Bleed inflicted.
- Quite similar to the Blunderbluss class of guns in FromSoftware's previous title Bloodborne.