Storm Ruler is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3
Greatsword with a broken blade, also known as the Giantslayer for the residual strength of storm that brings giants to their knees.
Yhorm the Giant once held two of these, but gave one to the humans that doubted him, and left the other to a dear friend before facing his fate as a Lord of Cinder.
Skill: Storm King
Assume stance to imbue sword with storm. Most effective when facing giants.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
- At 40/40 it has 485 AR.
- Has 10 durability and is very easy to break. Recommended to use Wood Grain Ring to increase its durability.
- It doesn't have any stat requirement to be used, meaning that a mage without any strength and dexterity investment can still use it.
- Contrary to its description, neither its skill or regular attacks do extra damage to regular giants.
- Cannot be sold or discarded, extra copies can be stored in the bonfire stash.
- The Storm Ruler is a callback to the weapon of the same name in Demon's Souls.
- Appears the design is inspired by the "Kusanagi" sword, one of the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Siegward of Catarina
- Looted from corpse near the rear end of Yhorm the Giant's boss room, near his throne.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)