Sword of Avowal is a Key Item in Dark Souls 3.
Sword of Avowal
- Used to marry Anri of Astora.
- Quest key item given by the Pilgrim from Londor, outside the darkmoon tomb in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, at the end of Anri of Astora's "dark" questline.
- (Right across from the turning stairs in the darkmoon tomb with the statues)
- As it states, it cannot be used as a weapon, being listed as a key item.
- Permanently ending your ability to complete the Lord of Hollows Questline AFTER Anri is ready to be married by using the Fire Keeper Soul to totally reverse hollowing or by killing Yuria of Londor, if done without taking the Sword of Avowal, will cause the Sword to appear on Anri when you next arrive at the mausoleum, implying someone else married them in your place.
- This will not occur if you take the sword of Avowal from the Pilgrim, but then do not progress with the marriage, even if you do either of the above. However, the Lord of Hollows Ending cannot be done if the marriage does not take place, nor if either of the above are done.
- The Sword of Avowal, both in symbol form and in direct example is found on many walls and atop cathedral buildings inside of The Ringed City, implying that it is Londor.
- The sword looks like and is used similarly to the Key To The Embedded in Dark Souls II, used to free one of the Milfanito by plunging it into the face of The Embedded, a living being, once a man, that serves as a lock to her cage. Doing so causes the Milfanito at The Shrine of Amana to give you the Ring of The Dead, an item that behaves identically to the Untrue Dark Ring sold to you by Yuria of Londor.