Tailbone Short Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Twisted dagger favored by the wretched, failed prisoners of Irithyll Dungeon.
Crafted from a feeble tailbone, and seen as a sign of the dragons. Their screams are oft heard inside the dungeon, as they naively mutilate their unworthy flesh.
Skill: Unleash Dragon
Thrust the dagger to unleash the strength of dragons, similar to an ancient dragon weapon, only with its power tragically faded.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite Scale.
- All weapons have motion values assigned to each attack, which are modifiers to AR that are associated with the attack being used.
- The Tailbone Short Sword has a motion value of 330 on backstab, 396 on riposte, and 66+385 on Hornet Ring riposte. The motion value of a backstab with a dagger does not change with Hornet Ring.
- This means that aside from a difference in AR, no infusion is strictly better for ripostes, as all infusions will get the same motion value, with the only difference being AR. Use whatever infusion will net the most damage for the best results.
- The weapon is classified as a Dagger despite being called a shortsword in the name.
- The Tailbone Short Sword has a range of 25.2656xl on the 1h R1 and 28.3295xl on the 2h R1.
- The Weapon Art is very good for knocking people off of ledges, it can also hit twice as the dagger has its own hitbox.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by the Wretch - Dagger [ID] 4.00% that wield this weapon.
Soft-caps & scaling
Resulting damage from common stat allocations with a plus 5 Tailbone short sword.
- 8/14 (base requirements / strength soft-cap): +32=206
- 8/40 (Dex soft-cap / combined soft-cap): +43=237
- 40/40: +61=255
- 99/99: +81=275
Strength Scale bonus damage:
- 9 through 99: +0 or 1 ( no pattern, 1 decreases in frequency as 99 is approached)
Dexterity Scale bonus damage:
- 15 through 17: +1 or 0 per point ( 1 1 0 1)
- 18 through 23: +3 per 2 points ( 1 2 pattern)
- 24 through 32: +4 per 3 points ( 1 1 2 pattern)
- 33 through 39: +1 per point
- 40 through 59: +1 per 4 points ( 1 0 0 0 pattern)
- 60 through 73: +1 per 7 points ( 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 pattern)
- 74 through 83: +1 per 5 points ( 0 0 0 0 1 pattern)
- 84 through 87: +1 per 4 points ( 0 0 0 1 pattern)
- 88 through 99: +1 per 3 points ( 0 0 1 pattern)
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Tailbone Short Sword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)