Velka the Goddess of Sin
Velka the Goddess of Sin is a NPC in Dark Souls 3.
Velka the Goddess of Sin Information
- Not killable, she's a statue - but hit it to make sure it's not a Mimic
- Provides Absolution services
- List of items that refer to this NPC: Grave Key, Ring of Sacrifice,
- Praying at the statue provides you access to Absolution (of Sin) and Dissolution (of Hollowing).
- With the addition of the Ringed City DLC, there exists a shrine that allows you to "revive" the Spears of the Church boss. Velka also has this option now, a much easier/faster way to revive the boss.
- You can find Velka the Goddess of Sin's statue at the Undead Settlement, through a locked door in the sewers next to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.
- The Grave Key is required to get to her Shrine normally, which is sold by the Shrine Handmaid in Firelink Shrine after recieving the Mortician's Ashes.
- Though if a character can endure a long fall (Silvercat Ring or Spook are useful), it can be accessed by dropping into the ravine just outside of the Sewer entrance (The non-locked side).
- Sin only accumulates when you aggro an NPC, not kill them or invade players. When an NPC is aggroed it will count as a sin. Should you kill the NPC it will not be possible to use the absolution service as the only person you sinned against is dead.
- If a NPC is aggroed towards you, all you need to do is use the absolution option to remove their hostility towards you.
- The price for Absolution is equal to your current soul level times 1000.
- Price for Reinstating the Kings Decree = (Soul Level x 1000) / 2
- Price for Dissolution = Soul Level x 100 *
- The Clutch Rings and the dark Miracles, which were associated with Velka in the previous games, are in Dark Souls 3 said to originate from the Sable Church of Londor, the Hollow Realm.
- The Black Set, originally worn by Oswald of Carim, The Pardoner, the priest of Velka that performed the same function in Dark Souls 1, is very similar to the identically named Black Set worn by the founder of The Sable Church, Yuria of Londor.
* The prior Dissolution entry here stated that the soul-price for Dissolution with Velka was equal to [(SL x 500) x Dark Sigils]. This may have been the case in the past, but is no longer accurate. This wiki user tested it at Soul Level 66, and was asked for 6600 souls. Having visited this page in the past and having seen the prior entry, that seemed way too low. Had the prior entry been accurate (SL x 500 x Dark Sigils), that would instead require 165,000 souls for SL66. I checked other DS3 resources and saw it stated that Dissolution with Velka costs (SL x 100), exactly what was requested from me by Velka (SL 66 x 100 = 6600). This page has been updated accordingly.