|Effect||Attribute governing physical defense, though this is also affected by other attributes. Also governs maximum equip load and poison resistance.|
Vitality Main Effects
- Vitality increases your maximum Equipment Load by 1.0 per level of Vitality, with a hard cap of 139 at 99 Vitality.
- Vitality strongly increases the four subtypes of Physical Defense by 1-2 per point of Vitality between 15 and 40. At lower and higher levels, each point of Vitality increases Physical Defense by only 0.5-1 points.
- Vitality also increases Poison Resistance by 3 per point of Vitality between a score of 30-40. It further increases Poison Resistance by 0.5 per point of Vitality between 40-60 and 0.25 per point between 60 and 99.
- all other defenses by 0.4
Data Vitality (obtained with a Cleric from Soul level 7 onwards as they have the lowest starting Vitality score)
|Vitality||Maximum Equip Load
||Physical Defense||Poison Resistance|
|15||55||90 (Sweet spot)||110|
|20||60||100 (Sweet spot)||111|
|25||65||111 (Sweet spot)||112|
|30||70||119 (Sweet spot)||113 (Sweet spot)|
|35||75||127 (Sweet spot)||129 (Sweet spot)|
|40||80||135 (Sweet spot)||145 (Sweet spot)|
- Vitality can be increased by 5 when wearing the Prisoner's Chain
- In addition to the above mentioned benefits, each level of Vitality also increases all resistances (including Poison Resistance) by a base amount defined by your Soul Level (character level), just like all other attributes do. It increases all resistances by 0.2 per level until Soul Level 60. Between Soul Levels 60 and 100, each point of Vitality increases all resistances by 1. After Soul Level 100, each point of Vitality only increases each resistance by 0.3. At even higher Soul levels this might be reduced to 0.1 per level of Vitality (additional testing required).