Warrior of Sunlight
An ancient talisman depicting a holy symbol bestowed upon the Warriors of Sunlight. Equip to pledge oneself to the Warrior of Sunlight covenant.
Warriors of Sunlight are brilliantly beaming co-operators who place their golden signatures to help those in need, for it is their duty to deliver a great conquest to their summoner.
Warrior of Sunlight is a Covenant in Dark Souls 3. The Warriors of Sunlight Covenant is found early in the game and unlocked by equipping an item. While a member of the covenant, helping other players will reward Sunlight Medals that can be used to rank up.
Joining the Warrior of Sunlight Covenant
- You must obtain the item "Warrior of Sunlight" and equip it.
- The item needed to join the covenant can be found in the Undead Settlement (map available).(video location)
- To Find the item to Join: From the Undead Settlement Bonfire, head left, through the corpse-house towards the burning tree with undead worshipping around it. From here, head straight ahead until you reach another bunch of houses, at the end of the stairs going down. Keep going straight through the stone archway, and into the door of the first house ahead. The room has many hanging corpses. The item can be found by falling through the gap in the floor.
- Sample video (2h 49s)
Effects of Covenant
- The player's white summon signature will now be golden.
- The player will shine with gross incandescence whilst summoned into another player's world.
- Upon achieving one's purpose when summoned, (defeating a boss, or completing an area) the player (as well as the host) will receive (in addition to default rewards) a Sunlight Medal, which can be bestowed to the covenant altar to achieve higher ranking in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant.
- Upon reaching a higher ranking, the player will receive a set gift (see Rank Requirements).
- If invading with the Red Sign Soap Stone or the Red Eye Orb, your color will be golden with red hues mixed in.
- Members of this covenant that invade have prioritization for hosts that already have an invader present.
- You perform the "Praise the Sun" gesture rather then the default summon animation when summoned with the covenant item equipped.
- The Matchmaking Formula is Covenant Dependent:
Bestowing Sunlight Medals to the sunlight altar, located in Lothric Castle until the next rank is achieved. The rank requirements are additive, meaning you only have to earn a total of 30, not 10 and then another 30, to obtain all covenant rewards. You can achieve these by helping another player successfully co-op a boss, with a successful invasion as a Sunlight Warrior or as a possible drop from Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle.
To rank up the player must turn in the Medals at the Sunlight Altar, which can be found right before the Dragonslayer Armour boss fight in Lothric Castle. Facing the fog gate of Dragonslayer Armour, turn left and walk straight towards the broken segment in the railing (do not drop down!) At the end of the walkway, turn left again. There will be a ladder. Climb it, cross over the rooftop, and descend into the building. The altar will be right before the door that leads outside. Beware, there is a knight in the passageway leading to the altar from the building.
- The Warriors of Sunlight first appeared in Dark Souls 1.
- In DS2, The Heirs of The Sun served the same function.
Covenant: Warrior of Sunlight
Discover Warrior of Sunlight covenant.