|508-1733||300-2860||High Wall of Lothric
|Drops||Winged Knight Halberd
Winged Knight Twinaxes
Large Titanite Shard
|Alluring Skull does not attract this enemy, making it ineffective.|
|Rapport charms this enemy, making it a temporary ally.|
Winged Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Winged Knight Enemy Description
- This order of knights allied themselves with "the angels". (Reference to Gertrude)
- The first Winged Knight is found in High Wall of Lothric and wields the Winged Knight Halberd.
- The second Winged Knight is found in Lothric Castle and uses a pair of Winged Knight Twinaxes which he may also drop on death.
- The third Winged Knight is near Dragon Barracks bonfire.
- Ascended Winged Knights, a variant found above the Grand Archives differ in appearance and can fly, utilizing this ability in their attacks. Individually, they drop Large Titanite Shard, Titanite Chunk and Blessed Gem. When all three are killed you are automatically given a Titanite Slab.
Winged Knight Combat Information
- Their attacks can be blocked, but drain a large amount of Stamina.
- Can be backstabbed easily.
- All knights deals Standard Damage.
- Weak to Frostbite, Dark Damage, Magic Damage and Thrust Damage.
- Resistant to most types of damages, Poison/Toxic and Bleed.
- Twin-Axe version can be parried and riposted.
- Can be lured.
- Are affected by Rapport
Winged Knight Lore
- Winged knights "have sworn themselves to the angels" and are followers of the Angelic faith of Lothric, which was founded around a miraculous tale revealed to Heavenly Daughter Gertrude by an angel. Gertrude was the Queen of Lothric's holy maiden and was visited by a divine messenger, yet despite losing her sight and voice, she recorded the tale. However, faith in divine messengers is considered heresy in Lothric and isn't recognized by any of the three Pillars of the King's rule (which include the High Priestess, Scholars, and Knights). As such, Heavenly Daughter Gertrude was imprisoned in a lofty cell in the Grand Archives of Lothric Castle.
- While travelling through Lothric, one can find evidence of conflict between Winged Knights and Lothric Knights. The approach to the castle is filled with empty Lothric Knight armor and the corpses of Winged Knights, as are the castle grounds themselves; it is possible that at some point, Winged Knights stormed Lothric Castle heading for the Grand Archives to free Heavenly Daughter Gertrude from her imprisonment.
Winged Knight Notes & Trivia
- The "wings" on their back seem to be inspired by Polish winged hussars, who rode into battle with wings on their backs.
- Their helmets are based on real-life medieval German/Austrian helms, in particular on helmets that belonged to Emperor Maximilian I. Domnhall of Zena's horned helmet from Dark Souls I is also based on a suit of armor made for Maximilian I.
Winged Knight Variations