Soul of the Nameless King is a Boss Soul in Dark Souls 3.
Soul of the Nameless King
- Can be consumed for 16,000 Souls
- Can be used to make the Storm Curved Sword via Soul Transposition
- Can be used to make the Dragonslayer Swordspear via Soul Transposition
- Can be used to make the Lightning Storm via Soul Transposition
- Obtained from defeating The Nameless King
- This is the only Boss Soul that can be transmuted into three different items, instead of only two. Thus, the Nameless King is the only boss that must be fought a minimum of three times (requiring at least Journey 3, or NG++) in order for an individual character to acquire all his associated soul transposed loot.
- Alternatively, the player could Trade for either the Storm Curved Sword or the Dragonslayer Swordspear to acquire the Nameless King's three soul tranposed items before NG++ (Lightning Storm is a Miracle and thus cannot be traded).
- While it is true that this is the only soul that can be transmuted into three different items, Lorian and Lothric must be fought four times (requiring at least Journey 4, or NG+++) to obtain a copy of both of their swords as well as the combined version.
- He is most likely the First Born Son of Gwyn. The Storm Curved Sword states, "When the great beast fell, the king claimed his soul, as was the custom in the age of gods." so we know he is at least as old as Dark Souls 1 and his other item the Dragonslayer Swordspear states, "The swordspear is imbued with lightning, of which he was the heir.". Thus being at least as old as the Age of the Gods and the heir to lightning(Sunlight) there leaves little room as to who he is if he is a character already established in lore. Speculation: All this information coupled with the similarity in appearance, height, build, and fighting techniques has led many to conclude that he is without a doubt Gwyn's longlost heir and perhaps was expunged from history to hide his "shameful defection" from his father's kingdom in favor of the everlasting dragons.