Hollow Arena Information
- There are 2 game types in the arena: Duel and Brawl. All matches are timed events.
- Duels are a single to the death event, which end when one player dies. Players are not able to use Estus during a duel but can use a limited amount of Ashen Estus.
- In a Brawl, players fight and die over and over, and the player with the most kills at the end of a match is the victor. Brawls have limited Estus use for both types. Brawls have several different formats, team based 2v2 and 3v3 or more chaotic formats like 4 player and 6 player free for alls. Upon dying players spawn back in with a potent Wrath of Gods blast to prevent spawn camping.
- Similar to the Battle of Stoicism in Dark Souls, there is a floating crown mechanic to indicate the player in the lead.
- Players can earn Badges for success in combat.
- The arena enables password matchmaking with friends, or with random combatants. It does not seem as of launch that players can password match with friends and also take on random players at the same time, but further testing is needed to confirm. Early indications are that the arena follows conventional Online matchmaking ranges, but this is not a confirmed fact.
- Kiln of Flame is the present map, there is the potential for future maps added.
How to Access
- Defeating Champion's Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf earns you the Champion's Bones. Burn these in the Firelink Shrine Bonfire to unlock access to the mode.
- Once access to the arena is obtained, players will be able to teleport directly there via Firelink Shrine bonfire by using "Undead Match" option . Starting a fresh NG cycle doesn't remove that option.