Undead Match Information
- There are 2 game types in the arena: Duel and Brawl. All matches are timed events.
- Duels are a single to the death event, which end when one player dies. Players are not able to use Estus during a duel but they are provided with five flasks of Ashen Estus.
- In a Brawl, players fight and die over and over, and the player with the most kills at the end of a match is the victor. In Brawls, combatants are allowed a maximum of one Estus and one Ashen Estus flask, which become refilled by killing an opponent (once per life) or respawning after death. Brawls have several different formats, team based 2v2 and 3v3 or more chaotic formats like 4 player and 6 player free for alls. Upon dying players spawn back in with a potent Wrath of Gods blast to prevent spawn camping.
- Players can be matched with opponents up to 10 levels plus 10% of their own level higher than them, i.e. a level 100 player will be able to match with level 120 players at the highest.
- Players can use a password to guarantee a match with each other. Within a range of 20 levels plus 20% of the lower player's level, the higher level player will fight with their normal stats, but outside this range the higher level player will get their stats downscaled according to the lower level player's stats. This is indicated by a light blue chestplate and sword icon next to their name.
- Using a team password in 2v2s and 3v3s allows for matches between duos of different level ranges. The higher level team may get downscaled as a result.
- Similar to the Battle of Stoicism in Dark Souls, there is a floating crown mechanic to indicate the player in the lead.
- Players can earn Badges for success in combat.
- Kiln of Flame was the first map, and three more maps are added in continuous patch.
The password matchmaking in the arena allows for a variety of customizations. You can set a password to allow for matching with friendly team only and the enemy team is matched with another, or you can have everyone use the same password and finally you can select which team to be a part of. This should make coordination with friends a lot more user friendly.
How to Access
- Defeating Champion's Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf or completing Lapp's questline earns you the Champion's Bones. Burn these in the Firelink Shrine Bonfire to unlock access to the mode.
- Once access to the arena is obtained, players will be able to teleport directly there via Firelink Shrine bonfire by using "Undead Match" option . Starting a fresh NG cycle doesn't remove that option.
- Kiln of Flame - Included with Ashes of Ariandel
- Grand Roof - Included with The Ringed City or owners of Ashes of Ariandel or Season Pass
- Dragon Ruins - Included with The Ringed City or owners of Ashes of Ariandel or Season Pass
- Round Plaza - Included with The Ringed City or owners of Ashes of Ariandel or Season Pass