Status Effects in Dark Souls 3 are those which are detrimental to players and NPCs. The following is a list of the status effects in the game, with an explanation of the effect and relevant items.
See also Status Icons, for a list of the various Icons diplayed on the HUD.
- Effect: Slowly inflicts HP damage on the player.
- Mitigation: Poisonbite Ring, Fleshbite Ring, Mossfruit, Deep Protection, Profuse Sweat, Vitality investment, Equipment with high Poison resistance
- Cured: Purple Moss Clump, Blooming Purple Moss Clump, Divine Blessing, Caressing Tears
- Note: The effects of poison are much slower to damage health than in DSI and DSII.
- Effect: Player becomes progressively more hollow with each death. Unlocks free levels with Yoel of Londor at certain levels. Also augments the Hollow infusion to increase Luck making Hollowing a way to increase Luck without actually leveling up.
- Mitigation: N/A. The option is voluntary.
- Cured: Fire Keeper Soul turned into firekeeper, then pay to be cured. To remove the visual effects, use Purging Stone. Praying to the Statue of Velka