"Players will travel to the frozen land of Ariandel where they will uncover the mystery of what destroyed this land."
Ashes of Ariandel is a DLC in Dark Souls 3. It is the first of the 2 DLC's for the game and released on October 25th, priced at US$14.99 on PSN/XBL (US$24.99 for the season pass). This page will be updated as more information is released. Initial screenshots can be found in this article. Due to an error of releasing the DLC for testing, it was available for download, to owners of the season pass, during the patch on October 20th/21st between 1:00 am UTC and 7:00 am UTC. The DLC was quickly removed from the store to await its initial release date.
New Features Summary
- New Location: Painted World of Ariandel
- 16 New Weapons and Shields
- 5 New Armor Sets
- 4 New Spells
- 1 New Ring: Chillbite Ring
- Captain's Ashes
- Millwood Greatarrow
- New PvP exclusive map, called Hollow Arena
- 2 New Bosses
Ashes of Ariandel Information
Hollow Arena Maps:
New Weapons and Shields:
How to Access the DLC
- In order to access Ashes of Ariandel, players must purchase and download the DLC, then proceed to speak to an NPC at the Cathedral of the Deep. Warp to the Cleansing Chapel Bonfire and he will be kneeling beside the altar between the church's large doors. Speak to him and exhaust his dialogue to trigger a cutscene and you are given a piece of the painting at which point you will be transported to the beginning of the DLC. If you complete the events of The Ringed City before this then a piece of a painting will be at the corner of the shrine instead.
- PS4 USERS: If you purchased the season pass, you must go to the Dark Souls 3 add-on page for Ashes of Ariandel on the PlayStation Store and download each DLC individually.
- You do not need to do the DLC to complete the game or any of the trophies of the game.
Ashes of Ariandel Screenshots