Way of White Corona
A lost Way of White miracle. Launches a white discus which slices into foes and returns to its conjurer.
Long ago, when the imprints left by the gods were still deep, miracles of the Way of White existed alongside aureoles.
Those who yearned for the long-lost aureoles fully believed that they would return, one day.
- Found in: Painted World of Ariandel, inside the church near where you meet Sir Vilhelm.
- Fextralife Video: Way of White Corona Location
- Video Location - From the Corvian Settlement bonfire, run out the house, cross the bridge and go up the hill past the Corvian Knight. Where the Knight entered go there and follow that ridge path all the way until you see a ladder which you will take. From the ladder head straight into the doorway and climb up the ladder. Follow that path to the roof of the church and drop down (or take the ladder). The miracle is located in the church guarded by another Knight.
- The damage is (Spell Buff * 0.85).
- The spell acts like a boomerang, returning to the player once the disc is tossed.
- The Corona can hit 4 times in a row if it reaches its maximum distance.
- The Way of White Corona is commonly regarded as one of, if not the worst Miracles in the game. The damage is very poor, only dealing about 100+ damage even on Faith dedicated builds; the startup is predictable, and the time it takes before the discus returns is also very slow. It will also dissipate if it touches anything solid (excluding enemies). Game patches have made attempts to better the Miracle, but it is still considered lackluster and not worth using.
- While only having situational uses in PVP, the multiple hitting properties of this spell can be very useful against slow moving or large PVE enemies. The damage output/FP cost ratio when used optimally is among the highest in the game (doing [SB*0.85]*4) damage for the low cost of 15 FP.
- Outside of the multi-hitting properties, it also functions nicely as a setup tool against enemies advancing towards you, with the returning hit staggering the enemy just before they have a chance to attack you.
- It should still be noted that using the spell in close quarters is going to reduce its effectiveness significantly, as the disc will dissipate upon hitting a wall.
- Three discs can be on screen at the same time.
- Regulation 1.22 increased the damage and Patch 1.11 sped up the animation.
- Damage dealt is Physical and therefore affected by Flynn's Ring. This aspect is shared by Emit Force and Wrath of the Gods as well. These three spells in conjunction with Flynn's Ring make for an interesting alternative to typical lightning-based faith builds
- Slave Knight Gael wields a much more powerful version of this Miracle, casting five at a time that do greater damage