Tears of Denial
Miracle taught by Morne, the Archbishop's apostle.
Grants one chance to endure when HP reaches 0.
Intended to grant the dying a few moments for a final farewell. Tears are shed for the sake of the living, more so than the deceased.
- Sunlight Straight Sword will remove the buff if cast after using tears.
- Therefore, buff with sword first and then use tears.
- Sacred Oath is unaffected and can be cast in any order.
- Saint-Tree Bellvine held in left-hand and casts Gentle Prayer does not overwrite tears.
- Similarly, it does not overwrite when cast in reserve.
- Right-hand shows no overwriting.
- Two-handed shows no overwriting.
- Overwritten By:
- If in doubt look for under your stamina bar. This icon is denotes the Tears of Denial buff being present on your character.
- Unlike its counterpart in Dark Souls II, this miracle lasts indefinitely.
- When the user reaches 0 HP, the miracle is activated and the player automatically goes back to 1 HP, using up the spell.
- Saves from lethal fall damage, unless the drop is too high or is a bottomless pit.
- The "flame" particle floating in your body can be clearly seen, even under the effects of Young White Branches, Chameleon, the Obscuring Ring and Hidden Body.
- Some other effects, including those of certain rings such as the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, will mask the particle effect, and if equipped before casting will even disguise the casting sound. Once the provided buff clears, the casting sound and flame will reappear. The icon for the buff will prove that it has worked, however.
- Changing areas will remove this miracle's buff if it was used beforehand. Additionally, quitting a game with it cast will result in it removal of its buff the next time the game is loaded.
- Although this is a buff, it is not canceled by the Duel Charm
- If you've got at least 10 FTH, you can use this spell by doing this: Equip the Priestess Ring, now equip this miracle at a bonfire. Use it, then switch your rings around and rest again. This is incredibly useful on all builds, and can be the difference between a victory and a death.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!