Tears of Denial
Miracle taught by Morne, the Archbishop's apostle.
Grants one chance to endure when HP reaches 0.
Intended to grant the dying a few moments for a final farewell. Tears are shed for the sake of the living, more so than the deceased.
- Sunlight Straight Sword will remove the buff if cast after using tears.
- Therefore, buff with sword first and then use tears.
- Sacred Oath is unaffected and can be cast in any order.
- Saint-Tree Bellvine held in left-hand and casts Gentle Prayer does not overwrite tears.
- Similarly, it does not overwrite when cast in reserve.
- Right-hand shows no overwriting.
- Two-handed shows no overwriting.
- Overwritten By:
- If in doubt look for under your stamina bar. This icon is denotes the Tears of Denial buff being present on your character.
- Unlike its counterpart in Dark Souls II, this miracle lasts indefinitely.
- When the user reaches 0 HP, the miracle is activated and the player automatically goes back to 1 HP, using up the spell.
- Saves from lethal fall damage, unless the drop is too high or is a bottomless pit.
- The "flame" particle floating in your body can be clearly seen, even under the effects of Young White Branches, Chameleon, the Obscuring Ring and Hidden Body.
- Changing areas will remove this miracle's buff if it was used beforehand. Additionally, quitting a game with it cast will result in it removal of it's buff the next time the game is loaded.
- If cast while wearing the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring, your character will go through the casting motion but the audible and visual effects of the spell will not be present. Both will then occur the moment the ring is removed. However, despite the omission, the spell is still in effect as noted by the icon beneath your Stamina Bar. Re-equipping the ring removes the visual effect once again. (XBOX One)
- Although this is a buff, it is not canceled by the Duel Charm
- If you've got at least 10 FTH, you can use this spell by doing this: Equip the Priestess Ring, now equip this miracle at a bonfire. Use it, then switch your rings around and rest again.