Sunlight Straight Sword is a Unique Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Straight sword imbued with the strength of lightning.
This featureless long sword contains the very power of the sun. Perhaps is a relic of one-sided adoration.
Skill: Oath of Sunlight
Raise the sword aloft when praising the sun to boost attack and damage absorption for self and allies in vicinity. The warriors of sunlight are co-operators from an ancient age.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused, but can be Buffed
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- All weapons have motion values assigned to each attack, which are modifiers to AR that are associated with the attack being used.
- The Sunlight Straight Sword has a range of 33.8241xl on the 1h R1 and 33.2403xl on the 2h R1.
- The Sunlight Straight Sword has thrusting R2 attacks when used 1h.
- The weapon is a natural choice for faith builds due to its natural scaling, and since its Weapon Art works similarly to Sacred Oath it also makes for a good buff weapon.
Softcaps & Scaling:
- 12/12/16 = 251 AR = Base Stats
- 40/12/16 = 293 AR = Str Softcap
- 12/40/16 = 293 AR = Dex Softcap
- 12/12/40 = 339 AR = Fth Softcap
- 40/40/40 = 422 AR = Combined Softcaps
Location/Where to Find
- Lothric Castle in a Mimic chest below/beside the White Dragon.
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Sunlight Straight Sword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)