An overview of NPC quests is outlined in the Side Quests page.
Game Progress Route
- Speak with Blacksmith Andre, Shrine Handmaiden, Hawkwood and Fire Keeper
- Access the nearby tower upon buying the tower key (20,000 souls) from the shrine hand maiden. The tower leads to some very useful items including an Estus Shard, Estus Ring, homeward bone, fire keeper soul, fire keeper armour, the covetous silver serpent ring, and a crystal lizard. Additionally you can access Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow on the roof or inside the rafters of Firelink to exchange items. (It is possible to access part of the roof and get the Estus Shard, homeward bone, and covetous silver serpent ring without the key by jumping on the roof from a nearby tree)
- Defeat Sword Master Saber to get the Uchigatana and his set of armour.
- Speak with Emma, High Priestess of Lothric Castle to get the Way of Blue Covenant. (It is possible to kill her and trigger the boss fight Dancer of the Boreal Valley early, but this fight is nearly impossible at low levels)
- Grab the Estus Shard on the anvil, in the room where you get the Cell Key.
- Rescue Greirat of the Undead Settlement from his cell below Tower on the Wall bonfire (requires Cell Key).
- Fight the Darkwraith mini-boss below the Tower on the Wall bonfire after obtaining the dungeon cell key from Leonhard in Firelink Shrine.
- Speak with Yoel of Londor below the Foot of the High Wall bonfire.
- Acquire the Warriors of Sunlight Covenant from a hidden room in the building after the congregation in front of the tree
- Grab the Estus Shard from the corpse the Evangelist is kneeling on, in front of the big pyre of fire.
- Acquire the Mound-Makers Covenant by climbing into the cage of the saw wielding enemy with an empty cage on his back, across the bridge and over the house from the Undead Settlement bonfire. You can only do this before Curse rotted Greatwood has been slain. Afterwards, you can still obtain the covenant by Sirris within her quest.
- Rescue Cornyx of the Great Swamp from a cage up on top of a building.
- Get access to the sewers (requires Grave Key or Spook) and visit Velka the Goddess of Sin to cleanse yourself of commited sins. Rescue Irina of Carim from her cell and speak with Eygon of Carim.
- Help Siegward of Catarina defeat the Demon.
- Befriend the Giant (who will assist you again later) or kill him for the Hawk Ring.
- Grab the Undead Bone Shard from a corpse in the area where the Giant is shooting arrows. It is on the right-most piece of land and requires you to roll/jump over a small gap onto it.
- Grab the Mortician's Ashes from a corpse in the area where the Giant is shooting arrows. It is beside the path you take from the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire. Make a U-Turn through the trees and keep running forward.
- Defeat Curse-rotted Greatwood to acquire the Transposing Kiln.
- Speak with Anri of Astora.
- Speak with Horace to acquire the Blue Sentinels Covenant.
- Speak with Orbeck of Vinheim (requires 10 intelligence to progress his questline).
- Grab the Estus Shard by going around the stone structure, dropping down into a ditch that leads to a campfire. Turn around and the shard should be behind you.
- Defeat Exile of Farron and other NPC.
- Acquire Farron Coal.
- Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome found in the swamp on the right where two knights attack you with great clubs, it's in the water next to a tree, near a crab.
- Pray to the Old Wolf to acquire the Watchdogs of Farron Covenant and obtain Dreamchaser's Ashes.
- Acquire Sage's Coal near the Darkwraith in the swamp.
- Acquire the Sage's Scroll near the dead mushrooms.
- Acquire the Golden Scroll in the cave near the Basilisks.
- Grab the Estus Shard on a corpse on the outside of a wrecked tower, guarded by a few slugs.
- Grab the Undead Bone Shard on a corpse inside a wrecked tower, guarded by a bunch of slugs.
- Defeat Crystal Titanite Lizard for Titanite Scale (in Road of Sacrifices shortcut accessed from here)
- Ascent the ladder in the poison swamp, get past the Old Wolf and access a bridge to fight a Stray Demon
- Grab the Estus Shard near the stone pillar with a bunch of praying enemies. Not too far from the entrance to the Chapel.
- Grab the Undead Bone Shard near the White Birch Tree that the Giant is shooting arrows at. This can be found on the way to the big double doors as a side path to the right.
- Acquire the Rosaria's Fingers Covenant by pulling the levers and crossing the bridge formed or by dropping from the rafters.
- Defeat Crystal Titanite Lizard for Titanite Scale.
- Acquire Unbreakable Patches as a merchant in Firelink Shrine.
- Give Siegward of Catarina his armor (he is stuck in a well just before the cleansing chapel entrance).
- Deep Braille Divine Tome is found on a mimic within the cathedral past the sleeping giant.
- Follow the first rolling skeleton ball down the ramp and as you enter the tunnel look to your right. You will see a skeleton wearing a hat, kill it. The next time the skeleton balls rolls down, it will crash and break apart at the end of the tunnel dropping an Undead Bone Shard
- Speak with Anri of Astora twice.
- Get Carthus Pyromancy Tome.
- Get Grave Warden's Ashes.
- Smack the wooden bridge to access smouldering lake.
- Defeat the fire demon guarding the entrance to smouldering lake
- Confront Horace in Smouldering Lake.
Smouldering Lake (Optional)
- Acquire Izalith Pyromancy Tome.
- Defeat Old Demon King (with summoned phantom Great Swamp Cuculus). If Cuculus survives the fight, return to the cage where you free Cornyx to find her armor set and the Spotted Whip weapon.
- Defeat giant worm the get an Undead Bone Shard.
- Go to the room filled with the Fire Orb Demons. At the end of the hallway there will be a dead Fire Demon corpse. Grab the Undead Bone Shard that is in front of it. Beware of blob.
- Turn off ballista but make sure you collect the Speckled Stoneplate Ring behind the wall that can only be destroyed by the ballista first.
- Grab the Estus Shard from the hidden path found through an Illusionary Wall in the same room as the Old King's Antechamber bonfire.
- Speak with Anri of Astora at the Church of Yorshka bonfire. There is a pilgrim assassin hiding that will affect Anri's questline here.
- Find Siegward in the lake area past the underpass to advance his questline.
- Summon Sirris of the Sunless Realms on the Bridge.
- From the Church of Yorshka bonfire, go down the hallway stairs and right along the cliff. You'll notice a graveyard. Behind one of the tombstones is an Undead Bone Shard. Also, if following the Sirris quest line, if you are embered, Creighton the Wanderer will invade you here. Kill him then head back to the bridge where you helped Sirris to find his armor set.
- Obtain Easterner's Ashes
- Get "married" to Anri of Astora back in the Darkmoon Tomb if following the Lord of Hollows questline, or help Anri defeat Aldrich otherwise.
- Acquire the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant by crossing the invisible path.
- Grab the Sun Princess Ring after Boss upstairs.
- Grab the Giants Coal.
- Grab the Estus Shard found in a chest by entering through the big double doors and hugging the left wall.
- After defeating Aldrich, if still following the questline for Sirris, teleport to the Cliff Underside bonfire in the Undead Settlement and make your way to the Curse-rotted Greatwood's boss room. You will see her sign in the room before the big hole. Use it to be summoned to her world and help defeat Holy Knight Hodrick.
- Upon returning to your wall, fall into the pit to find the Sunset Armor. Head back to Firelink Shrine and talk to Sirris who will swear her loyalty to you. Accept the offer and exhaust her dialogue.
Consumed King's Garden (Optional)
- Grab an Estus Shard found by starting from the Dancer's bonfire, going up the ladder and to to the left, then jumping off the elevator halfway to reach some more stairs.
- Defeat Oceiros, the Consumed King
- Obtain Path of the Dragon gesture
- Grab the Estus Shard near the Hunter's Ring
- In the area where you fight some gargoyles, there will be a broken window. Go through it to find an Undead Bone Shard.
- After defeating Lothric, place his Cinders on his throne (and place the other Cinders on their thrones if you have not done so already) and speak with the Firekeeper to select outcome. Additionally, if you are following the Sirris questline, head from the Iudex Gundry bonfire out through the arch, and hug the right, following the cliff. The Sunless Talisman can be found here, as well as the Sunset Shield, and her armor set will now be purchasable from the Handmaiden.
- After selecting outcome, speak to the Firekeeper when she is next to the bonfire, wait for the kneel prompt at the bonfire and kneel. A cutscene will play and you will be taken to the Kiln of the First Flame.
After defeating boss, you will then have the choice of the following endings:
- Use the bonfire resulting in the 'To Link the Fire' ending and the unlocking of said achievement.
- If you have obtained the Eyes of a Firekeeper from the Untended Graves area and have given it to the Fire Keeper you can use a summon sign next to the bonfire to trigger the 'The End of Fire' ending and the unlocking of said achievement. During this scene you have a short window where you can attack the Firekeeper after the cutscene for what is effectively a 4th ending option. (WARNING: If you opt for the 4th option, you WILL NOT get the achievement for The End of Fire)
- If an optional quest line is completed involving Yuria and Anri to become Prince of Londor, you can usurp the flame by wrestling the flame from its mantle triggering the 'Usurpation of Fire' ending and the unlocking of said achievement. To progress this option, you must take all 5 levels from Yoel, and not cure the Dark Sigil at any point.
- You can choose to stay in your current game cycle to farm, buy upgrades, and participate in online play.
- Otherwise you can choose to go to your next game cycle to find better rings (up to NG++), increased difficulty, redo quests, and complete other endings. Some items are only obtainable in NG+ and beyond.
Image optimized for 1080p monitors, source can be