Yuria of Londor is an NPC in Dark Souls 3. A very mysterious character that appears after you find Yoel of Londor dead. She is a member of the Darkwraiths, with the primary goal of bringing about the Age of Dark. She is or was a maiden of the primordial serpent, Darkstalker Kaathe.
Yuria is one of three sisters which founded the Sable Church of Londor. The youngest sister's name is Liliane and the eldest's name is Elfriede. Yuria can be met in the main game and Elfriede is found in the Ashes of Ariandel DLC. Liliane makes her sole appearance alongside Yuria in the cutscene for the "Usurpation of Fire" ending.
Yuria of Londor Information
- Can be killed.
- Offers merchant services.
- Teaches "Dignified Bow" gesture.
- Gives the Morion Blade, after giving her Orbeck's Ashes.
- If you kill Anri before triggering her arrival at firelink shrine she will not appear.
- Wears the Black Set and wields Darkdrift and a Dark Hand.
- Replaces Yoel of Londor when he dies after he levels you up 5 times via the Dark Sigil, You must complete that before entering the catacombs of carthus or his death will not trigger her arrival.
- If player cures the Dark Sigil before Yoel of Londor dies, she will not appear.
- After her appearance, If the player cures the Dark Sigil at any point, Yuria will abandon Firelink Shrine and her questline will stop for that playthrough. However, the player may use purging stones to reset hollowing to 0 without any negative consequence.
- Can be summoned for the Soul of Cinder fight if you followed her story for the alternative ending. This will also create a second summon sign to summon Pale Shade of Londor for the fight.
- She will not attack you if you attack her after performing the wedding ritual with Anri, and will say a unique line when killed.
- You can find Yuria of Londor at Firelink Shrine close by Yoel of Londor after completing his quest line.
If you want to kill Yuria, beware of her fast movement speed, and lead her to the shrine main door, she will not be able to go through, and you can then easily kill her. Ranged doesn't seem to be effective to her, but at the same time she does alot of damage close range, so a spear, halberd, or melee weapons with range is recommended.
Angering her will cause the Londor Pale Shade to invade in Farron Keep and Irithyll, dropping the Manikin Claws on the first encounter and the Pale Shade Set after both invasions. The invasions occur as long as you are kindled, and the bosses of those respective areas are not defeated. This will normally void the Ursurpation of Fire Ending. However, if the player hits Yuria three times to aggro her, then pays for Absolution after both invasions, they may have both the invasions and the ending. Absolution is done by visiting the Statue of Velka in the Undead Settlement, just before the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire. To reach it, the Grave Key, or a method of surviving the drop into the ravine where Eygon sits, is required. The key may be purchased from the Shrine Handmaid for 1500 souls after giving her the Mortician's Ashes.
- Souls: NG (3000)
- Weapons: Darkdrift
- Upon Death: Yuria's Ashes
Questline - Usurp the Flame Ending
- Start: Complete the quest line of Yoel of Londor to get Yuria to appear in Firelink Shrine and to begin her quest line.
- The player will need to meet with Anri of Astora in the Road of Sacrifices and will need to progress Anri's questline. You will need to keep Anri alive and so you must avoid mentioning Horace to Anri at all, or defeat Horace in Smouldering Lake.
- After meeting with Anri in the Catacombs of Carthus near the wooden bridge before High Lord Wolnir, meet Anri at the Church of Yorksha Bonfire in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. In this room there is an assassin disguised as a statue tasked with killing Anri. You must exaust all of Anri's dialog and progress to the area's boss fight without killing the assassin.
- After defeating Pontiff Sulyvahn, talk to Yuria at Firelink Shrine. She will inform you that your spouse waits for you in the Temple of Darkmoon. To access the temple of Darkmoon, the player must break through an illusory wall behind a statue of Lord Gwyn at the bottom of the rotating lift in Anor Londo.
- After entering, the assassin will greet the player and offer the option to perform a wedding ceremony at the tomb. If you accept, you must use the sword given to you by the pilgrim assassin to kill your spouse waiting for you at the end of the room. This will marry Anri's Dark Sigils to the player (you may also now acquire Chameleon from the assassin).
Note: If you kill the assassin camouflaged as a statue in the corner of the Church of Yorshka Bonfire in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, Yuria will depart Firelink Shrine. Saving Anri of Astora from assassination is the equivalent of healing the Dark Sigil.
- Afterwards, talk to Yuria in Firelink Shrine. She will congratulate you on your ceremony and tell you that when the time is right, you should take the fire instead of linking it. At this point, you may also return to Darkmoon Tomb to find Anri's Straight Sword.
- End: You must now complete the game with all of the Dark Sigils you have obtained. After defeating the final boss, interact with the fire to start the cinematic (you can also return to Yuria's spot before the cutscene, you only need to have killed the final boss).
- If you summoned Yuria to help you fight the final boss WITHOUT letting Yuria die, and you have not chosen to continue into a new game, you may find Yuria's Darkdrift and Black Set where she was standing in Firelink Shrine. She will remain in Firelink post-game if she was not summoned for the battle. Should Yuria die during the final battle, she will be found standing in her original spot in Firelink Shrine.
- If you killed the final boss and walk back to Firelink Shrine without linking the fire, you still can find Yuria's Darkdrift and Black Set where she was standing in Firelink Shrine.
Optional Questline - Assassinate Orbeck of Vinhiem
- Start: Complete the questline of Yoel of Londor to get Yuria to appear in Firelink Shrine and to begin this optional quest.
- After meeting Orbeck of Vinheim in the Road of Sacrifices the player must send him to Firelink Shrine after obtaining 10 or higher intelligence. This may need to be completed before the "Marry Anri" step of Yuria's main questline for her to offer the player the next step, even if you've already killed Orbeck and taken his ashes. Killing Orbeck prior to him visiting Firelink will also halt this questline. (If you send Orbeck to the Firelink Shrine AFTER the "marry ritual“ the questline doesn‘t fail.)
- Yuria tasks the player to kill Orbeck as she fears he may challenge your position as lord of the hollowed.
- End: After killing Orbeck you must give the ashes to Yuria in order for Orbeck's death to register. She rewards the player with the Morion Blade and praises you.
- Note: You DO NOT have to kill Orbeck at all. This is done by simply progressing though Orbeck's questline to the very end at which you find his ashes in the Grand Archives after you summon him to help you in the fight against Lothric Younger Prince.
|Poison Throwing Knife||Infinite||100|
|Londor Braille Divine Tome||1||50|
|Soul Arrow||1||1000||10 Int|
|Heavy Soul Arrow||1||2000||13 Int|
|Soul Greatsword||1||5000||22 Int|
|Magic Weapon||1||4500||10 Int|
|Magic Shield||1||4500||10 Int|
|Untrue Dark Ring||1||5000|
|Untrue White Ring||1||5000|
|Ring of Sacrifice||3||5000|
...Oh, prithee...art thou good Yoel's master?
I am Yuria of Londor, a close friend of his.
Thanks to thee, Yoel's soul is redeem'd.
Allow me to express my gratitude, in his stead.
Thou'rt a Lord, art thou not?
Bearer of the dark sigil, and our Lord of Hollows.
For the time thou remain'st our Lord, we of Londor shall serve thee.
And I, of course, am also thine."
Orbeck of Vinheim quest
Oh, good Hollow. I'm afraid I must say...
Orbeck of Vinheim is a cause of much consternation.
He proclaimeth himself Lord of Hollows.
If left alone, he may one day imperil thy rule.
Fall to this matter yarely, else we are unraveled.
Decisiveness is the mark of a true monarch..."
After giving Orbeck's Ashes
Ahh, I see Orbeck's claim is proven false.
As it should be, our right and deserving Lord of Hollows.
It is a Londor treasure, befitting of a true Lord.
Lord of Hollows, may the dark sigil guide thy way."
Our Lord and Liege.
Knowest thou of a youth/maid named Anri?
He/She is hollow, and will join thee in wedlock.
A fellow of mine guides him/her at this moment. When the time is ripe, thou mayst make thy salutations.
For what Lord taketh no spouse?"
After Pontiff Sulyvahn
Ahh, greetings, our Lord and Liege.
Good tidings. Thy spouse is ready.
The time is ripe to greet him/her.
The boy/girl awaits thee, in the hidden darkmoon chamber of Anor Londo.
So thou mayst a true monarch become."
After the ceremony
Ahh, our Lord and liege.
I presume thy holy vows are sworn? Wonderful. Now thou'rt the true and deserving Lord of Hollows.
With a spouse, the strength to claim the fire is thine.
Thy Lordship, I prithee wrest the fire from its mantle.
I, Yuria, and all of Londor, embrace thy impending Lordship."
"Our Lord and Liege.
I prithee play the usurper.
When the moment cometh to link the fire, wrest it from its mantle.
The Age of Fire was founded by the old gods, sustained by the linking of the fire.
But the old gods are no more, and the all-powerful fire deserveth a new heir.
Our Lord of Hollows, it shall be, who weareth the true face of mankind."
After placing the Cinders of the Lords
Ahh, our Lord and Liege.
Thine heart is fix'd upon the linking of the fire.
But brave usurper, I prithee, wrest the flame from its mantle.
So that we Hollows, in most honest shape of man, may have it for our own."
After placing Cinders of the Lords without completing Anri's questline
"Away to link the fire, I presume?
Think not on thy fears. The dark sigil will guide thee.
Link the fire, our Lord of Hollows."
First encounter dialogue (after healing the dark sigil)
You have healed the Lord's Sign, there is nothing to converse about..."
After killing the Pilgrim
Thou'st forsworn the Lord's Mark. There is naught more to say. Farewell, our fleeting Lord."
After attacking once
Where are thy wits."
or after claiming Anri of Astora's Dark Sigils
Thy Lordship, what is the matter?''
After attacking twice
Cease this at once."
or after claiming Anri of Astora's Dark Sigils
Killing Her as Lord of Hollows (only possible after completing Anri of Astora's questline by taking her dark sigil's.)
Brave usurper, I beseech thee claim the fire...''
After getting her to attack you:
Hmph, Yoel knows not of thy folly. A Hollow need not be mad. No one so weak shall ever rule us!"
Upon getting killed
Peasant, at least thy cadaver shall a little kindling make...."
Kaathe, I have failed thee..."
After talking with Sister Friede in the DLC
Ahh, our Lord and rightful Liege.
Thy scent seemeth most familiar.
A sweet fragrance, long faded from our own bosoms.
My Lord, how this came to pass I know not, but...
Take heed. Kindness can wear upon one's principles..."
After defeating Sister Friede
Ahh, our Lord and Liege.
Twas the soul of my sister.
Elfriede...A poor wench turned to Ash, who would abandon Londor...
If thou wouldst, let it nourish they Lordship.
And in return, do her one small kindness.
Remember those who stayed by her to the end, in the shadows cast by fire...
And lastly, my Lord, take up thy rightful mantle, of usurper."
- She is voiced by Pooky Quesnel, who previously voiced Arianna, Woman of Pleasure in Bloodborne.
- Her NPC killing sidequest is similar to Mephistopheles in Demon's Souls.
- Facinatingly, in the original Japanese, Yuria's dying line regarding Kaathe makes direct reference to having failed Kaathe's dying wish, implying that he is no longer alive.
- If following Yoel/Yuria's questline, Yuria will inform the player that Anri is Hollow and one of her friends is guiding him/her. At this time if Anri is talked to he/she will mention that a Pilgrim told him/her of the path to the Boreal Valley. The pilgrim he/she mentions is likely the friend Yuria mentions, although some speculate that it could be Anri's guardian Horace The Hushed.
- She is in part a reference to Yuria, the Witch from Demon's Souls, as both teach the player magics and both are considered "dark" characters (Yuria, the Witch being a witch, and Yuria of Londor being a hollow). Curiously, the witch Karla directly resembles the Yuria of Demon's Souls, posessing the same hair, hat, and general attire, the same belief of herself as a vile thing and directly teaching the player dark spells and miracles. Why this dividing up of the name and role exists is unknown.
- Interestingly enough, despite being a hollow, Yuria does not have the appearance of a hollow under her black dress and mask. One can see images of Yuria without her mask, and she appears as a normal unhollowed female (lacks hair due to developers not needing to add hair as she never removes the mask in game). It is possible that these are simply the developers choosing not to add this detail due to her never removing the mask. However, other hollow characters such as Horace and Anri are hollow under their clothing. Therefore it is fully possible this is intentional, as wearing the black dress unhollowed still shows its "hollow" appearance, meaning the dress doesn't necessarily look that way because of Yuria being hollow underneath, rather the dress is tailored to look like that. She could be using an Untrue Dark Ring or Purging Stones, both of which she sells.
- Once the player becomes the Lord of Hollows, they will be able to attack Yuria without her fighting back.
- Earlier designs suggest that the Pilgrims were once named: "Callers of the Eclipse", and were akin to Man Serpents .