Yellowfinger Heysel is a NPC in Dark Souls 3.
Yellowfinger Heysel Information
"Heysel appears to be a Scholar of Xanthous and sorcery"
- Invades in Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep swamps.
- Can give you the "Proper Bow" Gesture (see the Location section below).
- "You can be like Yellowfinger and believe that all share a camaradery, but do not force your views on the rest of us."
-Leonhard in Rosaria's Bedchamber
- Great Farron Dart -Entrusted to the leader of the Legion's acolytes, and apparently a sorcery of his daughter, Heysel, that was refined by a Crystal Sage.
- Towards the end of the game in Rosaria's Bedchamber, you will find a peaceful worm monster just like those outside the room. When killed, it drops the Xanthous Crown and Heysel Pick, which hints the monster is Heysel herself. It could mean that Heysel fulfilled her dream of joining companions after all.
- Another possibility regarding her transformation later on is that she could have been too self-concious about her appearance, and has been changing her appearence a lot, past the 5 rebirth limit, which eventually turned her into a Grub. Heysel wears a giant cloth around her face.
- You can find Yellowfinger Heysel at the Road of Sacrifices. She invades as a dark spirit once you approach the sunlit tree in the deep water near the ruins and the giant crabs.
- She also invades after the Farron Keep bonfire. She spawns near the cave where you find the Golden Scroll, behind the extinguishable fire near the Basilisks. Video Example
- If you defeat Heysel, and then offer a Pale Tongue to Rosaria (this fails Sirris' questline), Yellowfinger Heysel will be summonable in the Farron Keep swamp. Her summon sign is after the Keep Ruins Bonfire: Go down the ramp, and to the right- The sign is outside the tower with the five slugs inside. She will give you the "Proper Bow" Gesture.
- As long as the player has offered at least one tongue to Rosaria, she can be summoned as a friendly phantom without having to defeat her when she invades you.
- Her items can still be obtained if her Red Phantom is not vanquished before defeating the Abyss Watchers. (she will not invade there anymore, and cannot be summoned afterwards as a white phantom.) The peaceful worm next to Rosaria, found in Rosaria's Bed Chamber soon after defeating the lords of Cinder, drops both of Heysel's items when killed.
- It's possible to get her set twice, the worm will still drop her items even if you've already obtained them by vanquishing her phantom.
- Souls (CW): NG (2,180)
- Souls (FK): NG (7,196)
- 2 Estus refills. Sometimes drops 3 or 4.
- Weapons: Heysel Pick
- Armor: Xanthous Crown
- Wears the Obscuring Ring, hiding her at long distance.
- Wields Heysel Pick (RH) and Light Crossbow (LH).
- Casts Great Farron Dart, Farron Hail and very rarely Chameleon.
- Weak to Fire Damage.
- Strong against Magic, Lightning, Frost and Dark damage.
- Immune to Poison/Toxic.
- Can heal using Estus 2 times. In co-op she may get unlimited estus as a bug making her potentially the toughest NPC invader.
- Killing Abyss Watchers will fail the gesture part of this questline!
- It is not possible to both summon Yellowfinger Heysel and continue Sirris of The Sunless Realm's quest, meaning that in any one new game cycle, a player can either obtain the Proper Bow emote; or the Sunless, Sunset, and Chain Mirrah sets, the Dragonslayer Axe, Sunset shield, and the Cat Ring. Therefore, Proper Bow is among the rarer seen emotes, with many players waiting until NG+ to obtain it.
- In Dark Souls I, Dusk of Ooacile teaches Proper Bow. Heysel, as a xanthous scholar of Ooacile's magic, likely learned of Proper Bow through her research.
- This NPC may originate from a similar school of thought to King Jeremiah as they share a similar Xanthous set.
- Heysel may also reference the Old Monk boss fight from Demon's Souls as she wears a headwrap resembling the robe.
- If you max out the amount of pale tongues you can possibly give Rosaria, you will not be able to complete this questline ever again from that point forward (even after your current NG, as that action is irrevocable and is carried on to the next playthrough).
You CAN still summon this NPC by rebirth which requires a Pale Tongue, but you must confirm the rebirth instead of cancelling after the offering animation