Purging Stone is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
- Reverses hollowing without curing Dark Sigil.
- Note that it does not remove the buildup of the Curse status effect, it only resets the hollowing counter to zero. The item description is actually referring to the same effect twice.
- Purging Stones cannot be used while another player is in your world or you are in theirs.
- Purchasable from Yuria of Londor for 4500 souls
- 1x Found in the swamp area of the Profaned Capital (below the Dungeons), where the water is Toxic and water spiders lie in wait. Note that these spiders can also drop Purging Stones, making it possible to access in any case.
- 3x Found in Profaned Capital, against the back wall inside the chapel in the toxic swamp.
- Purchaseable from the Shrine Handmaid for 3000 souls after you give her Hollow's Ashes.
- Purchaseable from the Shrine Handmaid after you give her Yuria´s Ashes.
- If the player heals the Dark Sigil after Yoel dies, Yuria will no longer converse with the player, thus making it impossible to buy Purging Stones from her. (Historical note: This used to mean the player would have to remain hollow until finding a purging stone later in the game, but in the 1.03 patch, curing the Dark Sigil from the Firekeeper was amended to also remove hollowing, restoring humanity.)
- If the player decides not to advance into NG+ after completing Yuria of Londor's quest, Purging Stones will no longer be available for purchase from any NPC.
- These stones where originally dropped by Man-Eater Shells.