Estus Flask is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
- Allows the player to refill some of his/her HP bar.
- The player will gain more Estus Flasks through out the course of the game, allowing for more healing to be used between Bonfires.
- The player can also assign how many Estus Flasks become Ashen Estus Flasks at Blacksmith Andre in Firelink Shrine.
- Players start the game with 3 Estus Flasks and pick up 1 Ash Estus Flask in the initial area.
- To obtain more flasks, you must turn in Estus Shard at Blacksmith Andre in the Firelink Shrine.
- Amount of flasks the player carries can be increased using Estus Shard
- The player can carry 15 Estus Flasks total.
- Can be reinforced by burning Undead Bone Shard, at the Firelink Shrine bonfire, up to +10. This allows each swig from the flask to replenish more health.
- The Estus Ring increases the amount of health regenerated by Estus Flask by 20%.
- It's also possible to refill estus flasks by killing enemies. There is a hidden gauge filled by souls of fallen enemies (player doesn't need to kill the monsters themselves).
- You cannot recover more than your maximum number of uses (i.e., if you have 5 estus flasks, gaining souls will not give you a sixth).
- Defeating an invader as the host gives you two of each Estus type. Defeating another player as any type of phantom gives you one of each Estus type.
- Every Estus flask upgrade yields less than the one before in recovery, this may be because it helps keep play somewhat balanced between a player who finds all the undead bone shards and one who only finds half of them, since the first half of the upgrades is a much more substantial boost than the latter half.
|Flask Level||HP Recovery||HP Recovery with Estus Ring||Increase in recovery from last level|
- The Japanese translates to: "A glass bottle of dull green. A treasure of the Undead. / Accumulate estus at a bonfire and drink to restore HP. / Since ancient times, journeys of the Undead have been around bonfires. The Estus bottle was always part of the journey."