Rusted Gold Coin
Rusted Gold Coin Effect
- Increase Item Discovery by 100 points, for 60 seconds.
- No. Held limit: 10
Where to Find Rusted Gold Coin
- Can be obtained as a Burial Gift. (7 Coins.)
- 1x Found in Farron Keep, hidden behind the wall next to the third extinguishable fire, where Heysel invades.
- Found at Irithyll of the Boreal Valley: while on the way to the Irithyll Dungeon from Church of Yorshka Bonfire, found on a corpse next to a couple of wolves. (Video)
- 2x Dropped by a mimic in the left treasure room before Yhorm the Giant.
- 1x Found at Profaned Capital, at the end of the narrow hallway that leads to the toxic area.
- 3x Sold by either Stone-humped Hag when she is alive or Shrine Handmaid after giving her Old Woman's Ashes for 1800 souls each.
- Very rare drop from Handmaids (white-robed Jailers) in Profaned Capital
- Effect stacks with Symbol of Avarice, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, and Crystal Sage's Rapier.
- Discussion of "optimal" Item Discovery often mentions the Gold coin, but this can be misleading. The Gold coins are minor and limited, especially endgame when Item Discovery gear and unlimited normal Rusted Coins are available. The "difference" a Gold coin makes might be having 400 instead of 350 Item Discovery, a handful of times. (Or even less than that.) It is not important. Their best use is early-game, for help farming weapons needed for a build. But even then, the early-game difference between 110 and 210 Item Discovery is less than double, for a very short time. It's never very important.
- Does NOT stack with Rusted Coin.
- The symbol on the coin, as in Dark Souls II, is of an angel, although what implication this has in the lore, again like Dark Souls II, is indecipherable.
- In reality, gold does not rust (although it does tarnish, losing some of its shine and darkening slightly), making such a coin impossible. Much of gold's value derives from this fact, meaning gold that could rust would, as the item description states, have no currency or value, even were souls not the currency.