Symbol of Avarice
Symbol of Avarice is a Helm in Dark Souls 3.
Head of the avaricious creature that mimics treasure chests. Can be worn, if one so wishes.
Increases soul absorption from defeated enemies as well as item discovery, but the curse of the branded also drains HP.
The very form of this creature is thought to be a form of brand, a punishment for sin.
- Rare drop from Mimic enemies.
- Mimics can also "drop" the Symbol of Avarice (the item will appear in its mouth and be normally lootable) when throwing an Undead Hunter Charm at them, so the item can be easily and safely farmed without killing the Mimic. Each time a Mimic chest is put to sleep by the Undead Hunter's Charm it counts as a separate roll, so you do not need to rest at a bonfire each time and it is affected by Item Discovery. If nothing is dropped, you can also hit it once (be aware of damage) and it will reset faster.
- Absorb 50% more Souls, adds 100 Item Discovery, lose 10 HP/s.
- If a player intends to go away from their game and is not rested at a bonfire the head piece will continually kill the player in an infinite cycle so take care to spend all souls or simply remove the gear.
- Can be used efficiently together with Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Shield of Want, Crystal Sage's Rapier, , Mendicant's Staff and either a Rusted Coin or a Rusted Gold Coin.
- A good place to farm the Symbol of Avarice with Undead Hunter Charms is outside and to the left of Yhorm's boss room, as the two adjacent chests there are both mimics and within the area of effect of a single Charm (video)
- Item discovery will affect the chances of a Mimic "dropping" the Symbol of Avarice whilst asleep, like with normal enemy drops.
- The health drain is active at all times, so take care when interacting with merchants as it is fatal if left on for too long.
- Has no interaction with Chameleon or Young White Branch.
- The Bountiful Light miracle will reduce the health loss to negligible levels. The Bountiful Sunlight miracle will restore health faster than the symbol can take it especially when stacked with any other health restoring effect such as the Sun Princess Ring.
- Prisoner's Chain has no affect on the health drain.
- Has no affect when resting at a bonfire.
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)