Young White Branch is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
Young White Branch
- Makes you transform into an object from your surroundings.
- One use only.
- Collect some at the final White Birch Tree near the end of the DLC Ringed City and then once you have opened the shortcut gate near the Ringed City Streets bonfire head back down into the swap using the stairs. then once in the murky waters walk out until just out of the nook where the Locust Preacher was standing. Now, use a branch as a consumable item and you will morph into one of several area items, you want to be the little humanity sprite. Once you are the sprite your movement is limited so DON'T roll. Slow walk your way back up through the gate shortcut and then to the right. Head Toward the wall with the little markings on them. Once you approach the wall a ladder reveals itself opening up the way to finish Patches storyline.
- One can be obtained as a Burial Gift.
- One can be obtained by speaking with the Giant of the Undead Settlement and making peace with him. Although he will not give you one if you chose this as your Burial Gift.
- Sold by Shrine Handmaid for 1,000 souls after giving her the Xanthous Ashes.
- 3x Found at Undead Settlement: At the graveyard with the greatbow arrows stuck into the ground, just ahead of the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire, around a white tree.
- 2x Found at Cathedral of the Deep: In the area before the giant door that is locked upon first entering Cathedral of the Deep, the graveyard covered in great arrows, around the white tree.
- 2x Found in the Farron Keep Ruins: From the Keep Ruins bonfire, head down the ramp and take a left into the swamp. There is a Great Crab guarding the white tree.
- When consumed, the branch has the same effect as the Chameleon sorcery.
- If you obtain the Young White Branch as a Burial Gift, or as a Peace Offering from the Giant, you wont get hit by his spears near any of the three white birches he guards, for example at the graveyard ahead of the Dilapidated Bridge Bonfire. While you are protected by friendly fire, his arrows will still hit other creatures who get too close to the trees.
- The Young White Branches that you obtain from the trees and purchase from Shrine Handmaid will not make the Giant of the Undead Settlement friendly. Only the Burial Gift branch and the branch he specifically gives you have this effect.
- If you use your burial gift or peace offering branch by mistake, you can just get a new one from the Giant. He doesn't remember you from your looks, but by the branch you are carrying, and will ask who you are each time you come back without a branch.
- You can not get another of the giant's branch, if you have either the burial gift or the giant's gift in your possession, even if they are from a previous playthrough.
- The two young white branches near each birch tree (as well as the crown of dusk and the saint-tree bellvine) have an "examine" prompt for pickup, instead of the usual "pillage", and looting all these items will lead to the Giant's demise. Only one of the branches near the Undead Settlement birch has the normal "pillage" prompt.
- Interestingly, there are three types of Young White Branch. One kind is given to you as a Burial Gift, and another by the Giant in Undead Settlement. The other is the type found on corpses or sold by the Shrine Handmaid. They do not stack with one another, and all three have differing descriptions.
A young white branch.
Use to transform into something that blends into the surroundings.
Little Dusk's first sorcerer's staff eventually became a seedling, and then three white birch saplings. The young branch is said to still contain echoes of little Dusk's capriciousness.
Burial Gift: Branch of a young white birch, perhaps an offering of peace
Branch of a white birch received from somebody. Apparently, this was once a token of friendship.
Use to become something that blends into the surroundings, though the branch will unfortunately be consumed.
Perhaps treasuring the memory is more important.
Branch of a young white birch received from a giant, apparently as a token of friendship.
Become something that blends in to the surroundings. Consumed with use.
"Good friend, no hit."