Young White Branch is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
Young White Branch
Young White Branch Usage
- Makes you transform into an object from your surroundings.
- One use only.
- Collect some at the final White Birch Tree near the end of the DLC Ringed City and then once you have opened the shortcut gate near the Ringed City Streets bonfire head back down into the swap using the stairs. then once in the murky waters walk out until just out of the nook where the Locust Preacher was standing. Now, use a branch as a consumable item and you will morph into one of several area items, you want to be the little humanity sprite. Once you are the sprite your movement is limited so DON'T roll. Slow walk your way back up through the gate shortcut and then to the right. Head Toward the wall with the little markings on them. Once you approach the wall a ladder reveals itself opening up the way to finish Patches storyline.
Young White Branch Locations
- One can be obtained as a Burial Gift.
- Sold by Shrine Handmaid for 1,000 souls after giving her the Xanthous Ashes.
- 4x Found at Undead Settlement:
- 3x at the graveyard with the greatbow arrows stuck into the ground, just ahead of the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire, around a white tree.
- 1x can be obtained by speaking with the Giant of the Undead Settlement and making peace with him.
- 2x Found at Cathedral of the Deep: In the area before the giant door that is locked upon first entering Cathedral of the Deep, the graveyard covered in great arrows, around the white tree.
- 2x Found in the Farron Keep: From the Farron Keep Ruins bonfire, head down the ramp and take a left into the swamp. There is a Great Crab guarding the white tree.
- When consumed, the branch has the same effect as the Chameleon sorcery.
- If you obtain the Young White Branch as a Burial Gift, or as a Peace Offering from the Giant, you wont get hit by his spears near any of the three white birches he guards, for example at the graveyard ahead of the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire. While you are protected from friendly fire, his arrows will still hit other creatures who get too close to the trees.
- The Young White Branches that you obtain from the trees and purchase from Shrine Handmaid will not make the Giant of the Undead Settlement friendly. Only the burial gift branch and the branch he specifically gives you have this effect.
- If you use your burial gift or peace offering branch by mistake, you can just get a new one from the Giant. He doesn't remember you from your looks, but by the branch you are carrying, and will ask who you are each time you come back without a branch.
- You can not get another of the giant's branch, if you have either the burial gift or the giant's gift in your possession, even if they are from a previous playthrough.
- The two young white branches near each birch tree (as well as the Crown of Dusk and the Saint-tree Bellvine) have an "examine" prompt for pickup, instead of the usual "pillage", and looting all these items will lead to the Giant's demise. Only one of the branches near the Undead Settlement birch has the normal "pillage" prompt.
- Interestingly, there are three types of Young White Branch. One kind is given to you as a Burial Gift, and another by the Giant in Undead Settlement. The other is the type found on corpses or sold by the Shrine Handmaid. They do not stack with one another, and all three have differing descriptions.
A young white branch.
Use to transform into something that blends into the surroundings.
Little Dusk's first sorcerer's staff eventually became a seedling, and then three white birch saplings. The young branch is said to still contain echoes of little Dusk's capriciousness.
Burial Gift: Branch of a young white birch, perhaps an offering of peace
Branch of a white birch received from somebody. Apparently, this was once a token of friendship.
Use to become something that blends into the surroundings, though the branch will unfortunately be consumed.
Perhaps treasuring the memory is more important.
Branch of a young white birch received from a giant, apparently as a token of friendship.
Become something that blends in to the surroundings. Consumed with use.
"Good friend, no hit."
- Two in Undead Settlement, by the White Birch ahead of the Dilapidated Bridge Bonfire.
- Two in Cathedral of the Deep, by the White Birch outside the cathedral.
- Two in Farron Keep, by the White Birch near the Great Crab left of the ramp past the Keep Ruins Bonfire.
- In the Painted World of Ariandel, on a path to the right of the library with Sir Vilhelm next to a Tree Woman.
- Three in The Ringed City, deep inside the abyssal swamp by a White Birch tree, along the left wall when approaching from the staircase with Harald Knights.
Collecting ALL branches (unsure about DLC) and ALL items surrounding the area around them, like consumable Soul items, will cause the Undead Settlement Archer Giant to die (drops item, bur can be killed too).
You can get infinite "special" Young White Branches, the ones that the Archer Giant gives to you.
Just speak to him without that one in your Inventory, reload the area and do it again.
One of the most perfect item for trolling lmfao
it frightens me how obviously fake some of the transformations are/putting them in stupid locations and invaders dont realise but it does make for some funny invasions
remember luring the ghru back to the young white branch in farron woods, expecting giant to save me but he didn't. I wondered why and went back to visit the tower again.
My favorite way to mess with watchdogs of farron is to turn into one of the crosses and hid among other crosses until they give up and leave. Serves you right for playing a covenant who’s sole purpose is to make an already irritating area worse.
“You can not get another of the giant's branch, if you have either the burial gift or the giant's gift in your possession, even if they are from a previous playthrough.” False, by placing either the giants branch or the one as a burial gift in your storage and deactivating the auto replenishment when you rest at a bonfire you can warp to the settlement and obtain another from the giant as many times as you like once you keep storing them. My character who chose the branch as a burial gift has all 3 types with each description in his inventory.
Guys how can i farm white branch???
There is also 3 near the ringed city street bonefire
Just avoided two Aldritch Faithful for 20 min, hiding with this. They both ragequit. That's what you get for orbing instead of signing.
1. talk to ludwig thingy 184 times
2. attack him twice with your fists
3. he will sell you them for 500 souls
Becky, I brought you stick. Lemme smash.
This should be updated. There also are Young White Branches in the Ringed City, around a white birch below where you find the white birch bow.
interestingly enough i used a white branch on the bridge on the way to the twin princes boss fight and the 3 knights just walked right past me
There is also a Young White Branch located outside of the building where Sir Vilhelm is located. Just underneath the Tree Woman.
If you picked the white birch branch as a burial gift, you can drop it (leave option) on the floor and talk to the giant to receive its peace offering birch branch, allowing you to collect all different white birches even in the first playthrough.
Ive used the Xan ashes on her and have the resin bundles etc, yet no ability to buy branches. Hm
there's also 2 white branch pieces in farron keep, in the bonfire just before the gate with the 3 flames you have to lit, if you go to the right and find the giant crab, there's a white glowing small tree where they are located, also if you stand next to the tree the giant will start shooting the arrows towards the crab
You have to keep the, "good friend no hit" variant of the item in your inventory (aquired by talking to the giant), otherwise the giant will still shoot at you.
Theres another if you head to the left from the bonfire in the Farron keep ruins, guarded by a giant crab and a handful of Ghru dogs
You can move around using the one white branch, but not the other
Then what's the point of having so many...?
There are two more Branches at the base of a White Birch near the Keep Ruins (Road of Sacrifices) Bonfire. From the bonfire go down as if towards the abyss watchers door. The in the swamp poison turn Left. Ahead Should be a giant crab that the giant will shoot at (if close enough to the tree). Once ALL 7 branches are collected then the giant's quest is complete. (The two other locations are already mentioned, and correct in the wiki.)
Anyone able to see the sparks o nthe the thing if so a poor give away.
You need not USE the item in order for the Giant to not attack you, you just have to have it on you. The giant will also (try) to aid you with suppressing fire in the swamp near the giant crabs. While they do decent damage to the crabs, they can still harm you.
apparently if you use it, the giant may help kill enemies with giant arrows. (lobos jr. playthrough. he used one near the crab in the poison swamp and the giant started the rain of doom)
Is this forreal the final version of this? You turn into a gmod-esqque branch that floats around with 4 frames and no shifting animation? I'm shocked that I payed $60 and this is in the game?
Someone should add that you can find 2 white branches in the poisonous swamp in Farrons Keep area.They are beneath a large white birch tree (only one of its kind in swamp) with 3 white soul orbs around the base. The other orb is the Crown of Dusk. You will know you are there when you see the giant crab. It's the only crab in the poisonous swamp area. FUN FACT : The giant crab you find there has a chance to drop the Lingering DragonCrest Ring... I received it.
can calm the giant on a tower so he would stop firing arrows at you.
That may not work, certainly not the strongest starting gift.