Estus Shard is a Consumable in Dark Souls 3.
Estus Flask Shards
Estus Shard Usage
- Increases uses of the Estus Flask/Ashen Estus Flask, up to a maximum of 15 (combined between the two Estus Flasks), once given to the Blacksmith at the Shrine.
- The blacksmith will not upgrade your flasks until you acquire the Ashen Estus Flask from the Cemetery of Ash.
- Undead Bone Shards will further upgrade how much HP/FP is replenished with each drink from the flask.
Estus Shard Locations
- High Wall of Lothric: On an anvil in the room where you get the Cell Key
- Undead Settlement: By the burning tree with worshipping undead. This is to the left of the Undead Settlement bonfire, past the house
- Road of Sacrifices: From the Crucifixion Woods bonfire head towards the Crystal Sage. Pass under the small bridge. The shard will be on the left side of the ruins near a fire that has two Lycanthrope.
- Farron Keep: Go straight out from the starting bonfire. The shard is near a fallen tower guarded by slugs.
- Cathedral of the Deep: Right outside the Cleansing Chapel bonfire where enemies are praying
- Smouldering Lake: On a body near a hole from the Old King's Antechamber bonfire. Look for an illusory wall in the bonfire room.
- Alternatively there is a separate path that leads you to the opposite side of the hole and can be reached if you go down the hall to the right of the one containing a black knight behind an illusionary wall
- Irithyll Dungeon: From the bonfire, walk forward into the dungeon and turn right. Now go straight, head through the locked gate that requires the Jailbreaker's Key, then drop down. Go right into the room and there should be a chest which is a mimic that contains the shard.
- Alternatively, as you play through the level you will eventually reach an open area with 3 enemies, one who will shoot a crossbow at you from beside an archway, one with an axe, and one who will ambush you from behind. Kill these enemies, proceed through the archway and there will be a mimic on your right. This mimic will drop the Estus Shard when killed.
- Anor Londo: In a chest on the first floor of the large dark room with the Deacons (before the Aldrich fog wall). Enter from the double doors and hug the left wall to find it.
- High Wall of Lothric/Consumed King's Garden: From Dancer of the Boreal Valley bonfire, climb up the ladder and go first left. Proceed down the stairs and kill the knight standing in front of the elevator. Use the elevator and jump out halfway, onto the wooden ledge. The Estus Shard is down the stairs to the right.
- Lothric Castle: From Grand Archives bonfire, on the top of Lothric Castle near the Winged Knights. From the ladder that takes you to the Hunter's Ring, you will see an archway that leads to a lower roof/balcony. Estus Shard will be found all the way out near the railing.
- Firelink Shrine: Purchase the Tower Key and get to the bridge that overlooks the Shrine. Drop down and find a window that allows you to get inside and get the shard on the rafters.
- Alternatively, go upstairs and outside and find the tree near the raised area with loot on it, then run up the tree and jump onto the raised area - no key needed!
(Links not working)
- All shard upgrades plus the ashen estus makes it possible to get the full amount, 15 flasks, in one playthrough.
- Upon reinforcing with all Estus Shards you will get the Achievement "Ultimate Estus"
- Description makes a small reference to the description of the Dark Souls 2 Estus Shard