Titanite Scale is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
Titanite Scale Usage
- Reinforces all Soul-Transposed Weapons to +4.
- Also reinforces some other unique weapons listed at the bottom of the page.
- 15 scales required in total to get a weapon to +4:
- 1 scale for +1
- 2 scales for +2
- 4 scales for +3
- 8 scales for +4
Titanite Scale Locations
- Can be purchased infinitely from Shrine Handmaiden for 20,000 souls each after obtaining the Dragon Chaser's Ashes from Archdragon Peak.
- 3x Bought from Greirat for 16,000 souls each, if he returns alive from his second expedition. If he doesn't survive, his ashes make the scales purchasable from the shrine handmaiden. (note: step must be complete, killing Greirat before this step does not give the scales).
- Dropped by Rock Lizard in Archdragon Peak (rare drop).
- Dropped by Ringed Knight in The Ringed City (rare drop).
- 5x at Cemetery of Ash:
- 1x dropped by a Ravenous Crystal Lizard in the cemetery. (Video Location)
- Receive 1x by trading a Blacksmith Hammer with Pickle-Pee and Pump-A-Rum.
- Receive 3x by trading Avelyn with Pickle-Pee and Pump-A-Rum.
- 2x at Farron Keep: dropped by a Ravenous Crystal Lizard, in the shortcut between the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire and Crucifixion Woods.
- 1x at Cathedral of the Deep: dropped by a Ravenous Crystal Lizard outside the cathedral down by the moat. At the base of the hall with the giants, there's a door that leads outside. Jump off the ledge and go through the gap to get out and it will be to the right,
- 1x in Smouldering Lake: found in the catacomb maze under the lake, in the room with the Basilisks.
- 1x in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley: found on a corpse before the Silver Knight archers, after the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire. It's on top of the building that hides the entrance to the Water Reserve bonfire.
- 3x in Irithyll Dungeon:
- 1x dropped by a Crystal Lizard in a hallway near the first exit.
- 2x dropped by a Mimic chest in a side passage on the lower level with many Jailers.
- Dropped by Wretch (rare drop)
- 3x in Consumed King's Garden:
- 1x found on a corpse under the staircase, in the shortcut area that leads back to the start of the level.
- 2x found in two chests in the same room, after the Oceiros bonfire.
- 4x in Untended Graves: 2x dropped by each of 2 Ravenous Crystal Lizards in Untended Graves (in the same location as the Lizards in Cemetery of Ash).
- 10x in Lothric Castle:
- 1x found in a chest near the Dragons, guarded by an Outrider Knight.
- 1x found on a corpse under the right-hand Dragon (seen from Dragon Barracks), the dragon has to be killed to reach it.
- 3x dropped by a Mimic chest, at the back of the dark room at the top of the stairs, after the dragons.
- 1x found on the balcony outside the dark room with the Mimic. (Temp Video timestamp 1h 11m)
- 1x found in a chest, in the chapel with a shortcut lift, right next to the Dragonslayer Armour boss.
- 3x found in a chest in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant room.
- 13x in Grand Archives:
- 1x found on a body at the top of a bookcase, in the corner of the room with the giant wax basin.
- 1x to the left at the top of the staircase, in the dark room past the large wax basin.
- 1x on top of a bookcase beside the shortcut ladder on the second floor, drop down to it from the balcony above.
- 1x in a corner of the room with the illusory wall hiding the Outrider Knight, past the Crystal Sage's second location.
- 1x behind a bookcase next to the ladder leading down to the bridge, in the room with the illusory wall.
- 2x dropped by a Crystal Lizard on a bookcase near the large wax basin, drop down from the bridge to reach it.
- 3x in a chest in the room with several Scholars above the first shortcut lift, the area where Orbeck's body can be found.
- 3x on a roof outside the Crystal Sage's second location, next to where Greirat's Ashes may appear, jump down to it from the area with the Corvians.
- 9x at Archdragon Peak:
- 2x on 2 separate corpses, up the left stairs after the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, on the outside near a Rock Lizard.
- 1x from a corpse up the stairs from the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, outside of where two Serpent Men ambush the player.
- 3x in a chest near a Crystal Lizard right before the second Wyvern, before the Great Belfry bonfire.
- 3x dropped by the Wyvern past the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum.
- 2x at The Dreg Heap:
- 1x on a pile of books behind where you drop down from the first crumbling floor.
- 1x after Earthen Peak Ruins bonfire, around the roots of the giant tree, drop down into a broken tower to grab it.
- 13x in The Ringed City:
- 1x from a corpse behind the starting point of The Ringed City.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard after dropping down to avoid the Ruin Knight Phantoms.
- 2x from 2 separate corpses near Iron Dragonslayer.
- 1x after the shortcut at the Ringed City Streets Bonfire, where you drop down to the Dragonhead Greatshield.
- 2x in the first cave after the Bridge where you first encounter Darkeater Midir.
- 2x after dropping down to avoid Darkeater Midir's spray of fire.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard on a crumbling floor before Shared Graves bonfire.
- 1x on bridge after the second encounter with Darkeater Midir.
- 2x from a Crystal Lizard on the stairs after the second encounter with Darkeater Midir.
Titanite Scales are also used to reinforce the following non-soul transposed weapons/shields:
- Crescent Moon Sword
- Curse Ward Greatshield
- Dragonrider Bow
- Dragon Tooth
- Sage's Crystal Staff
- Shield of Want
- Tailbone Short Sword
- Tailbone Spear
- Storm Ruler
- Dragonhead Shield
- Dragonhead Greatshield
- Earth Seeker
- It looks very similar to Demon Titanite from Dark Souls, and also serves the same purpose.
- In DS2, the function of Demon Titanite was taken over by Petrified Dragon Bone, explaining this demon dragon scale.
- It costs 300,000 Souls to purchase 15 titanite scales, which is the required amount to upgrade to + 4.
Blessed Gem ♦ Blood Gem ♦ Chaos Gem ♦ Crystal Gem ♦ Dark Gem ♦ Deep Gem ♦ Farron Coal ♦ Fire Gem ♦ Giant's Coal ♦ Heavy Gem ♦ Hollow Gem ♦ Lightning Gem ♦ Player Trade ♦ Poison Gem ♦ Profaned Coal ♦ Raw Gem ♦ Refined Gem ♦ Sage's Coal ♦ Sharp Gem ♦ Shriving Stone ♦ Simple Gem ♦ Titanite Chunk ♦ Titanite Shard ♦ Titanite Slab ♦ Transposing Kiln
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
looks like a titanite demon head
isn't this titanite demon's head?
Tailbone Short Sword link sends to page revision and not the actual page.
YOU CAN'T UPGRADE PKCS WITH THIS, THROW IT ON THE GARBAGE
Drops from ringed knights
looted the chests in the area with the outrider k***ht and i only got twinkling titanite, is there a illusionary wall somewhere?
There's a lot more of these things than I originally thought.
I made a short video showcasing what I believe to be the most effective (and safe) method for farming these. Involves a Dragonslayer Greataxe, +5 idealy but lesser still does the trick. Warp to Great Belfry bonfire, and rush to the stairs with the 4 Rock Lizards. Just as you exit into the open aggro all 4 rock lizards by standing at the edge of the right level/floor thing. Pull back so they stack against the short wall. Walk again and use WA from above. You can safely and efficiently cheese all 4 of them if you stack them right. So walk, aggro, stack, WA, pull back from fire, walk again, WA until they die. You can do you it in 3-5 strikes depending on the level of reinforcement. I'd put this info on the wiki along with the actual video butI don't know how to edit the wiki.
TURN OFF YOUR STREAMS WHEN I'M ON THIS *****ING SITE FOR *****S SAKE.
*TITANITE SCALE IS JUST BLUE DEMON TITANITE*
There is a titanite scale drop on the way from pontiff to anor londo above the Aldritch Faithful covenant room overlooking the giants
Clerics candlestick is a soul transposed weapon
should probably remove the "3x" in irithyll dungeon considering it's a rare drop and not a guaranteed find.
i figured out if the wretches drop the titanite scale. and they dont. i downloaded a trainer thing called Infinity or as its called now Wemod and it has a trainer for a***** ton of games and it has one for Dark Souls III and it had a item discovery hack in there. so i tried it and i killed about 20 of those baby faced demons (wretches) and none of em dropped a titanite scale.
In case nobody has pointed it out, the Earth Seeker should be added to the list of non-boss weapons upgraded with titanite scales. Not sure how to edit and too lazy to find out haha
From a recent playthrough, I have consistently been getting scales from the Overgrown Lothric Knight in Dreg Heap. From the first to the second bonefire, I have been able to get at least 4 scales per run by killing all the Overgrown Lothric Knights I run into.
Scales drop from any ‘common enemies’ from earlier stages in Dreg Heap I believe, since I have also been consistantly getting scales from Thralls as well.
There are 4 titanite scales In the area where midir first appears, the first 2 are on a corse at the end of a tunnel, the same one an undead cleric is hiding in, the other 2 are on a corpse below the path just before the mini catacombs area entrance. There is also a cystal lizard not far from the shared grave bonfire that drops a scale and a twinkling.
Titanite scale right after demon prince boss fight in ringed city, behind you after you are carried by the demons
Got one of these from the rock lizards at Archdragon Peak
Both scales and twinkling drop from the rock lizards.
Could someone please fix the error "...with the single exception of the Cleric's Candlestick well as some other weapons..." It's a contradiction. I won't because I am just too lazy to go and start. Thanks n' much love.
Today I found out, that they are acutally very easy to farm. I wonder if they nerf it on the long run https://youtu.be/H21_Y7YtGwE
I think theres only one dropped at farrons keep
there's on in the consumed king's garden when unlocking the shortcut
I got a few scales from the rock lizards too
How many Titanite Scales do you need to get a boss weapon to +4?
That's enough to fully upgrade one weapon and partially upgrade the other (to +3). The rest need to be bought or farmed.
What can I upgrade with it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grU_dG1x7mQhow to get the infinite buy from shrine maiden. Need to unlock the dragon place first though.
Is there a monster i can farm these from?
A weapon requires 13 titanite scales to reach +4.
These drop from the stone lizard things at Archdragon Peak fairly often
Is there a infinite buy ?
I don't know if its just on my end, but after killing Greirat at the beginning and giving her the ashes, the option to buy the scales 3 times didn't show up
I've killed the ones at the Road of Sacrifices, Cathedral of the Deep, and Farron Keep Perimeter. So far, only one has ever dropped. It was from the one at the beginning of the Road of Sacrifices. Since then, zero have dropped for me at all.
*Lothric castle location
Can someone describe the location in text? It looks like video links are still getting eaten whenever a page gets updated.
Which weapons use these to upgrade?
Upon gaining the "Dragon Chaser's Ashes", you can buy these from the Shrine Handmaiden. They also drop from some rock-lizard things late game.
I think the Farron Keep one is fake
sooo, you can have just one weapon +4 (+5) in one playtrought?!
dont get me wrong, having a limited supply of these things just lying around is good, but something dropping them would be nice so that if i wanted to use a new weapon i wouldnt be stuck going thru ng+4 just to gather the materials.
Ehh? Assuming that's the max limit like it's always been. Or are Titanite Slabs used for both regular AND boss weapons this time? What a twist that would be indeed.