Titanite Scale is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Reinforces all Soul-Transposed Weapons to +4.
- Also reinforces some other unique weapons listed at the bottom of the page.
- 15 scales required in total to get a weapon to +4:
- 1 scale for +1
- 2 scales for +2
- 4 scales for +3
- 8 scales for +4
- Can be purchased infinitely from Shrine Handmaiden for 20,000 souls each after obtaining the Dragon Chaser's Ashes from Archdragon Peak.
- 3x Bought from Greirat for 16,000 souls each, if he returns alive from his second expedition. If he doesn't survive, his ashes make the scales purchasable from the shrine handmaiden. (note: step must be complete, killing Greirat before this step does not give the scales).
- Dropped by Rock Lizard in Archdragon Peak (rare drop).
- Dropped by Ringed Knight in The Ringed City (rare drop).
- 5x at Cemetery of Ash:
- 2x at Farron Keep: dropped by a Ravenous Crystal Lizard, in the shortcut between the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire and Crucifixion Woods.
- 1x at Cathedral of the Deep: dropped by a Ravenous Crystal Lizard outside the cathedral down by the moat. At the base of the hall with the giants, there's a door that leads outside. Jump off the ledge and go through the gap to get out and it will be to the right,
- 1x in Smouldering Lake: found in the catacomb maze under the lake, in the room with the Basilisks.
- 1x in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley: found on a corpse before the Silver Knight archers, after the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire. It's on top of the building that hides the entrance to the Water Reserve bonfire.
- 3x in Irithyll Dungeon:
- 3x in Consumed King's Garden:
- 1x found on a corpse under the staircase, in the shortcut area that leads back to the start of the level.
- 2x found in two chests in the same room, after the Oceiros bonfire.
- 4x in Untended Graves: 2x dropped by each of 2 Ravenous Crystal Lizards in Untended Graves (in the same location as the Lizards in Cemetery of Ash).
- 10x in Lothric Castle:
- 1x found in a chest near the Dragons, guarded by an Outrider Knight.
- 1x found on a corpse under the right-hand Dragon (seen from Dragon Barracks), the dragon has to be killed to reach it.
- 3x dropped by a Mimic chest, at the back of the dark room at the top of the stairs, after the dragons.
- 1x found on the balcony outside the dark room with the Mimic. (Temp Video timestamp 1h 11m)
- 1x found in a chest, in the chapel with a shortcut lift, right next to the Dragonslayer Armour boss.
- 3x found in a chest in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant room.
- 13x in Grand Archives:
- 1x found on a body at the top of a bookcase, in the corner of the room with the giant wax basin.
- 1x to the left at the top of the staircase, in the dark room past the large wax basin.
- 1x on top of a bookcase beside the shortcut ladder on the second floor, drop down to it from the balcony above.
- 1x in a corner of the room with the illusory wall hiding the Outrider Knight, past the Crystal Sage's second location.
- 1x behind a bookcase next to the ladder leading down to the bridge, in the room with the illusory wall.
- 2x dropped by a Crystal Lizard on a bookcase near the large wax basin, drop down from the bridge to reach it.
- 3x in a chest in the room with several Scholars above the first shortcut lift, the area where Orbeck's body can be found.
- 3x on a roof outside the Crystal Sage's second location, next to where Greirat's Ashes may appear, jump down to it from the area with the Corvians.
- 9x at Archdragon Peak:
- 2x on 2 separate corpses, up the left stairs after the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, on the outside near a Rock Lizard.
- 1x from a corpse up the stairs from the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, outside of where two Serpent Men ambush the player.
- 3x in a chest near a Crystal Lizard right before the second Wyvern, before the Great Belfry bonfire.
- 3x dropped by the Wyvern past the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum.
- 2x at The Dreg Heap:
- 1x on a pile of books behind where you drop down from the first crumbling floor.
- 1x after Earthen Peak Ruins bonfire, around the roots of the giant tree, drop down into a broken tower to grab it.
- 13x in The Ringed City:
- 1x from a corpse behind the starting point of The Ringed City.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard after dropping down to avoid the Ruin Knight Phantoms.
- 2x from 2 separate corpses near Iron Dragonslayer.
- 1x after the shortcut at the Ringed City Streets Bonfire, where you drop down to the Dragonhead Greatshield.
- 2x in the first cave after the Bridge where you first encounter Darkeater Midir.
- 2x after dropping down to avoid Darkeater Midir's spray of fire.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard on a crumbling floor before Shared Graves bonfire.
- 1x on bridge after the second encounter with Darkeater Midir.
- 2x from a Crystal Lizard on the stairs after the second encounter with Darkeater Midir.
Titanite Scales are also used to reinforce the following non-soul transposed weapons/shields:
- Crescent Moon Sword
- Curse Ward Greatshield
- Dragonrider Bow
- Dragon Tooth
- Sage's Crystal Staff
- Shield of Want
- Tailbone Short Sword
- Tailbone Spear
- Storm Ruler
- Dragonhead Shield
- Dragonhead Greatshield
- Earth Seeker
- It looks very similar to Demon Titanite from Dark Souls, and also serves the same purpose.
- In DS2, the function of Demon Titanite was taken over by Petrified Dragon Bone, explaining this demon dragon scale.
- It costs 300,000 Souls to purchase 15 titanite scales, which is the required amount to upgrade to + 4.
Blessed Gem ♦ Blood Gem ♦ Chaos Gem ♦ Crystal Gem ♦ Dark Gem ♦ Deep Gem ♦ Farron Coal ♦ Fire Gem ♦ Giant's Coal ♦ Heavy Gem ♦ Hollow Gem ♦ Lightning Gem ♦ Player Trade ♦ Poison Gem ♦ Profaned Coal ♦ Raw Gem ♦ Refined Gem ♦ Sage's Coal ♦ Sharp Gem ♦ Shriving Stone ♦ Simple Gem ♦ Titanite Chunk ♦ Titanite Shard ♦ Titanite Slab ♦ Transposing Kiln