Boreal Outrider Knight
|Resistances||Frost, Fire, Magic, Physical-type|
Boreal Outrider Knight is an enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Boreal Outrider Knight Enemy Description
- A powerful knight that serves as a mini-boss.
- One can be found before the first Road of Sacrifices bonfire. Just take the elevator all the way down. This one drops the Irithyll Straight Sword.
- Another one can be found near the two Wyverns in Lothric Castle, down the stairs in the left building. This one drops the Irithyll Rapier.
- The last one is found past an illusory wall in the Grand Archives. This one drops the Outrider Knight Set.
Boreal Outrider Knight Combat Information
- Timing a roll to end up at his side or back, followed by a combo is proven effective.
- Attacks deals Standard Damage or Thrust Damage. May also inflict Frostbite.
- Can be parried and riposted.
Boreal Outrider Knight Notes & Trivia
- The Black Fire Orb on a 20-20 INT-FTH build casted on a +9 Pyro Flame, will do 500 damage should you wear both Swamp and Witch's rings +Lloyd's Sword Ring.
- Outrider Knights have deformed over time, into dog-like Sulyvahn's Beasts, Vordt of the Boreal Valley and even the Dancer of the Boreal Valley. - "Every Outrider Knight one day devolves into a beast, constantly hounded by Pontiff Sulyvahn's black eyes."
- The Outrider Knight in Lothric Castle drops the Irithyll Rapier regardless of wielding the Irithyll Straight Sword, similar to the knight in the Road of Sacrifices.
- Maybe inspired by "Berserk" manga by Kentaro Miura, specifically, by Gutts in his Berserk armor that takes the form of his inner beast or "beast of darkness" -- a wolf, and takes control of him. Similarly, their complete bestial forms of Sulyvahn's Beasts are designed after the "beast of darkness" from "Berserk"
Boreal Outrider Knight Variations