Remnants of Lothric's army roam the dusty parapets of now dilapidated fortresses, whose once stoic ramparts endured battles between unearthly beasts, giants and kings. In truth, little remains of this mighty force; time unforgiving, their swords now rusty and their sillhouetes hardly as menacing as in the days of old.
Hollow soldiers should be fairly bothersome to new players, although not for long. Some even appear completely disinterested in matters around them, and will not attack unless provoked. They can be found guarding castle grounds, like Farron Keep and the High Wall of Lothric, and they are hardly different than hollows in previous games, offering a typical early-level challenge for most players.
Royal Hollows are a different matter however, guarding the grand staircase which ascends to the Young Prince's throne room. These hollows are rather better equipped, taking cover behind sturdy barricades and aided by powerful Lothric Knights.
- Their shields don't block a lot of damage and you're free to attack them with shields up.
- Lantern carriers will awaken any soldiers nearby. Killing them early will prevent that. They will also attack.
- Spearmen will hold their shields up, and will counter once attacked.
- These enemies, like most Undead, can be lured with an Alluring Skull.
- Hollow Soldiers can be drawn with the Rapport pyromancy.
Notes & Trivia
- Some don't immediately attack, instead leaning against the wall or sitting on the ground.
- These enemies wield various weapons, from light crossbows to broken straight swords.
- Hollows in Lothric Castle and those guarding the grand staircase are considerably more powerful.
- The weapon they drop depends on the weapon they use.
Variations & Locations
|High Wall of Lothric (Crossbow)||121||30|
|High Wall of Lothric (Straight Sword)||130||30|
|High Wall of Lothric (Lantern)||92||30|
|High Wall of Lothric (Iron Round Shield + Straight Sword)||167||30|
|High Wall of Lothric (Shield + Spear)||190||30|
|Grand Archives (Royal Guards)||660||550|