Sword + Shield
Spear + Shield
|83-320||30-80||High Wall of Lothric
See below for unique drops
|Weak|| Hollowslayer Greatsword
All Status Effects
|Alluring Skull attracts this enemy, making it vulnerable for a few seconds.|
|Rapport charms this enemy, making it a temporary ally.|
Hollow Soldier is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Hollow Soldier Description
Remnants of Lothric's army roam the dusty parapets of the now-dilapidated kingdom, whose once stoic ramparts endured battles between unearthly beasts, giants and kings. In truth, little remains of this mighty force; time unforgiving, their swords now rusty and their silhouettes hardly as menacing as in the days of old.
Hollow Soldiers should be fairly bothersome to new players, although not for long. Some even appear completely disinterested in matters around them, and will not attack unless provoked. They can be found guarding castle grounds, like the bridge above Farron Keep and the High Wall of Lothric, and they are hardly different from Hollows in previous games, offering a typical early-level challenge for players.
Hollow Soldier Combat Information
- Their shields don't block a lot of damage and you're free to attack them with shields up.
- Lantern-bearing Hollows will awaken and aggravate any Soldiers nearby. Killing them early will prevent that. They themselves may also attack.
- Spearmen will hold their shields up and will counter once attacked.
- The taller brethren of this enemy wield Greataxes and Halberds, and have greater health and damage then their lesser kin. Particular caution ought to be exerted when fighting them
Hollow Soldier Notes & Trivia
- Some don't immediately attack, instead choosing to lean against a wall or sit on the ground.
- These enemies wield various weapons, from light crossbows to broken straight swords.
- The weapon they drop depends on the weapon they use.
- A weaker version of the much stronger Elite Hollow Soldiers found in Lothric Castle and the Grand Archives
Hollow Soldier Variations
|Lantern||83||30||Broken Straight Sword|
|Light Crossbow||121||30||Steel Soldier Helm
|Longsword + Iron Round Shield||167||30||Iron Round Shield
|Spear + Wooden Shield||190||30||Wooden Shield