|Weakness||Strike, Fire, Lightning|
|Immune||Bleed, Poison/Toxic, Frost|
Murkman is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3 DLC: The Ringed City.
Murkman Enemy Description
- Slow, crawling enemies encountered only at the Dreg Heap.
- Usually found in large groups. Often 4+ Murkmans.
- Can be summoned by Murkman Summoners.
- Summoners wield a Murky Longstaff with some light-blue clouds at the end.
- Other Murkman wield the same staff, but will instead shoot Deep Soul projectiles toward the player.
Murkman Combat Information
- Has a grab attack the will drag the player under the ground. This attack deals significant damage. Spam RB and LB to escape.
- Crawling one deals physical damage, while Summoner dark and physical damage.
- Can drop on the player.
- Sometimes will transform into a Great Soul Dreg.
- While in this form, they are immune to damage, but will be destroyed when hitting a wall.
- This attack can not be blocked or parried. Roll towards it at a 45 degree angle to avoid it
- Can be either lured or rapported
- Deep Gem (1.5%)
- Human Dregs (0.3%)
Murkman Notes & Trivia
- The projectiles they cast are similar to the deep sorceries used by the Deacons of the Deep.
- Very rarely drops Human Dregs or/and Deep Gem.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
So why is it that I kill the summoners and STILL the murkmen keep respawning (along with summoners)?? O.o So.... does it mean I cannot get an area cleaned at all??
i use the carthus greatsword and half the time it can't hit these guys because they're too low on the ground, any tips on weapons that will actually hit them?
“Other Murkman wild the same staff, but will instead shoot Deep Soul projectiles toward the player.”
Wield* is in fairly sure the intended word
The murkman great soul dreg transformation can be repelled with twisted wall of light. Like most pve spells, the hitbox does linger requiring two casts to fend off it successfully.
You wont need a lingering dragoncrest ring.
They drag half your body into the ground and then... they begin to hump you. Guess they didn't have pleasure for a long time.
Anyone else gets Heart of Darkness (an old platformer game...) vibes from these little guys? :)
squishy lil guys love em
The Great Soul Dreg kamikaze attack will fck you up. Hard to dodge too, monster hit box. They're funny little dudes tho, I like em.
A close look with the binoculars shows they have crystals on them, so i assume they re cursed. Also, the crawling ones does dark damage with their hand scythe.
these homies hit harder than a bih
Are these guys worth farming for Human Dregs or should I stick to Devout?
Hollowslayer doesn't do extra, neither does wolf knight/beyblade swords. Strike weapons seem to hurt them a lot
The Hollowslayer GS not dealing bonus damage to them. The Wolf Knight's GS (551 attack) deal 535 damage and The Hollowslayer GS(539 attack) deal 521 damage. There are no 20% bonus damage for both of these GS.
Odd how these guys seem more like monstrosities of the Abyss, yet they're considered Hollows
Remember to mash R1/L1 to escape their grab attack.
Sometimes they will drag you down to beset you.
It seems murkmen's deep soul deals magic damage instead of dark. Is this a bug?
Are these better for farming human dregs?
Every single area with infinite spawns has a summoner with a staff. They can be discerned by the glow at the tip of their staff, as opposed to normal staff-wielder that has no glow.
In the first area, the summoner is down the stairs, next to the ledge that crumbles.
In the building filled with murkmen, the summoner for most of the building is on the second floor (behind the illusory wall), in the room with an ember, just before the room with Great Soul Dregs. There is also a separate summoner for the room with Great Soul Dregs, standing directly next to Great Soul Dregs.
In the area just before the higher drop-off to the Earthen Peak Ruins bonfire, the summoner is up on top of the cliff. Reaching it requires taking the upper route, past where you met Lapp.
In the area with Projected Heal, the summoner is standing directly on top of Projected Heal.
Keep in mind that killing the summoner will NOT prevent the initial spawn of any of the Murkmen, only prevent them from being resummoned. Some may still be resummoned for a short while after the summoner dies, but resummoning should stop quickly.
THE IMAGE QUALITY IS PERFECT.
As far as I can tell, blessed weapons will NOT cause these to stop spawning, which is really unfortunate as they're quite annoying when trying to explore.