Grand Archives Scholar
Grand Archives Scholar is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Grand Archives Scholar Enemy Description
- An eerie enemy, donned in a long, tattered robe and drentched in wax. Usually seen holding a candle.
- The wax forms a candle on all their heads, but only the ones with burning candles can cast spells.
- Located only in the Grand Archives
Grand Archives Scholar Combat Information
- They have 3 attacks: a standard missile, a missile spray (inaccurate) and one attack that shoots wax at the player. Leaves one drenched in wax. If enough wax build up you'll be slowed and unable to roll. Deals Standard Damage or Thrust Damage.
- Scholars with lit flames on their heads can cast spells dealing Magic Damage.
- Highly vulnerable to Fire Damage.
- Minor resistance to Magic Damage.
- They are often accompanied by Hollow Slaves and Clawed Curses.
- Can be lured?
- Cannot be Rapported.
Grand Archives Scholar Notes & Trivia
- They drop a lot of Souls relative to their difficulty. 2700 Souls for the burning candle variant. 1500? Souls for the snuffed candle variant
- It states on the 'Scholar's Shed Skin' item that the scholars covered their heads in wax in order to stay sane while reading the contents of the archives. This item cannot be received in the game by conventional means.
- The white wax they dip their heads into may be linked to Sticky White Stuff and "White Blood".
Grand Archives Scholar Variations