|Weakness||Thrust & Fire|
|Resistances||Strike & Dark|
Rotten Slug is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3
Rotten Slug Enemy Description
- These giant slugs are found in abundance around Farron Keep and in the Consumed King's Garden.
- They attack primarily by spitting poison but are capable of melee attacks as well.
- Poison proof, beware the poisonous environment most live on.
Rotten Slug Combat Information
- Very slow, often appear in groups.
- Move (roll not needed in dry land) to the side as it often tries to spit at you, spit is slow.
- Its charge is very slow and telegraphed, one hit is all that is needed to interrupt it.
Rotten Slug Notes & Trivia
- Drops Heavy Gem (Rare)
- Drops Poison Gem (Rare)
- Drops Dark Gem (Rare, and only in the Consumed King's Garden)
- TL:DR, each gem has a 2% chance of dropping from a slug with ~420 item discovery.
- After doing 150 runs through Farron Keep Ruins with full item discovery setup and 11 luck (427 item discovery) and killing the 8 slugs in the tower and the 1 on the outside for a total of 1350 slugs I found a total of 29 heavy gems and 27 poison gems. So roughly speaking you're looking at a 2% chance for each gem from each slug, or a 18 percent chance to get each gem every run. Using the demon fist and spamming light attacks, this took me an hour and 55 minutes so an average of 46 seconds a run including load times when sword coiling back to the bonfire each time, or roughly 3 minutes and 30 seconds for each gem.
Rotten Slug Variations
Swamp Rotten Slug
|Farron Keep Swamp||265||~30?||Heavy Gems or Poison Gems (Rare)|
|Consumed King's Garden||???||96||Dark Gem (Rare)|