|Weakness||Thrust & Fire|
|Resistances||Strike & Dark|
Rotten Slug is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3
Rotten Slug Enemy Description
- These giant slugs are found in abundance around Farron Keep and in the Consumed King's Garden.
- They attack primarily by spitting poison but are capable of melee attacks as well.
- Poison proof, beware the poisonous environment most live on.
Rotten Slug Combat Information
- Very slow, often appear in groups.
- Move (roll not needed in dry land) to the side as it often tries to spit at you, spit is slow.
- Its charge is very slow and telegraphed, one hit is all that is needed to interrupt it.
Rotten Slug Notes & Trivia
- Drops Heavy Gem (Rare)
- Drops Poison Gem (Rare)
- Drops Dark Gem (Rare, and only in the Consumed King's Garden)
- TL:DR, each gem has a 2% chance of dropping from a slug with ~420 item discovery.
- After doing 150 runs through Farron Keep Ruins with full item discovery setup and 11 luck (427 item discovery) and killing the 8 slugs in the tower and the 1 on the outside for a total of 1350 slugs I found a total of 29 heavy gems and 27 poison gems. So roughly speaking you're looking at a 2% chance for each gem from each slug, or a 18 percent chance to get each gem every run. Using the demon fist and spamming light attacks, this took me an hour and 55 minutes so an average of 46 seconds a run including load times when sword coiling back to the bonfire each time, or roughly 3 minutes and 30 seconds for each gem.
Rotten Slug Variations
Swamp Rotten Slug
|Farron Keep Swamp||265||~30?||Heavy Gems or Poison Gems (Rare)|
|Consumed King's Garden||???||96||Dark Gem (Rare)|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Look here Ashen one… It’s your mother.
ASMR monsters, truly our greatest threat
The ones in Consumed King's Garden can (rarely) drop dark gems.
As somebody with a phobia of slugs, these *****ers are actually the greatest challenge the game's posed on me. Can't look at em for longer than 20 secs, not to mention the sounds they make. And there are huge variants? *****in- just let met through ;-;
If you land on top of these you squish them flat. I lol'd.
"Very slow, very silly, very cute, often in groups"
Literally bow and arrow or Pyro flame. Not even worth using magic on.