|Weakness||Lightning, Thrust, Frost|
|Resistances||Standard, Strike, Slash, Poison, Toxic, Fire, Bleed|
Ancient Wyvern is an enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- This dragon is powerful but lacks the defence of its boss counterpart, Ancient Wyvern. You can kill it using normal means.
- The fight is comparable to fighting the Red Drake in Dark Souls.
- For the easiest solution, spawn at Great Belfry bonfire, backtrack to the Rock Lizard area and snipe the wyvern with either your spells or arrows. The wyvern will remain on the tower as long as you don't head down from the stairs.
- Its head acts as a weak spot.
- Hits to the legs deals minor damage.
- Can't be lured.
- Can't be Rapported.
- Drops 6 Titanite Chunks, 3 Titanite Scales and 3 Twinkling Titanite.
- Its flame can damage the Rock Lizards.
- Can be cheesed with a bow from nearby room with Crystal Lizard. He will not try to fly away or attack.
- Can be cheesed with the Storyteller Staff - one cast of Poison Spores will poison him and deplete half of his health bar.
- Bug: If the wyvern tries lands on the lone tower, there is a small chance that it will fall to its death. This is caused by a detection glitch.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Am I the only one who thinks he's shorter than the boss version? Or is he the same size?
Can anyone tell me if this guy can respawn? I wanna use it for weapons testing and ****
you dont even have to dodge you can just press up against the left wall
Worth noting that if the bell is rung activating nameless, this guy disappears
Top 10 easiest bosses do a series of running and dodging and you can get to a point when he lowers his head drop and attack regularly and it will grant an insta kill critical
Just finished it off in NG++, it granted 79,200 souls. If memory serves correctly it was 36,000 in NG. I forgot to check when I did it in NG+, but as the souls gained are normally exactly twice the amount of NG, it's safe to say the souls gained in NG+ are 72,000. As I am not exactly sure how to add tables in the default web editor (I'm only experienced with source editor), I'm just leaving this information here.
Harder than boss one Has better loot than boss one
the true fight with the camera
You will spend more time fighting the camera view than the wyvern itself.
Can you still one-hit it with jumping attack like the boss wyvern ?
Poison mist works on it, although toxic does not.
The loot is definitely worth it.