|Enemy Type||Humanoid Undead|
|Weakness||Poison/Toxic, Dark, Frost|
Millwood Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Millwood Knight Enemy Description
Tall, armored warriors that appear in the Ashes of Ariandel DLC.
The Millwood Knights come from the fabled Millwood forest, and are a group of nature and earth worshipping warriors. This worship appears to be centered around the Ethereal Oak, as much of their equipment is adorned with depictions of it. The Millwood Knights had a close relationship with the earth and would fight using both weapons and the power of the earth itself. They lost their forest home, as it now lays abandoned and in ruin with the Ethereal Oak slowly rotting away. It is unclear what caused them to leave, however it is suggested that it has something to do with their sworn enemy, the Abyss Dragon, with which they had a great battle.
After leaving their home, they began a long journey. After traveling for so long that they forgot their true home and their sworn enemy, they eventually found and settled in the Painted World of Ariandel.
- There are several versions of the Millwood Knight you will face.
- Knights using the Millwood Battle Axe frequently use the axe's weapon art, Warcry.
- Knights with the Ethereal Oak Shield equipped do benefit from the shield's innate HP regeneration.
- Knights using the Millwood Greatbow will always use the Pierce Earth weapon art. They will also switch to the Millwood Axe and Ethereal Oak Shield when approached, similarly to the Silver Knights in Irythill of the Boreal Valley.
- There are two Millwood Knights with red eyes. One can be found firing arrows from a ruined tower, while the second is guarding the Quakestone Hammer.
- Can be lured.
- Affected by Rapport
- Weak to Poison/Toxic, Frostbite and Dark Damage. Dark pyromancies are specially effective against those with shields, since they deal high stamina damage and can break their guard easily.
- Resistant to Fire Damage and Bleed.
- Can be backstabbed.
- Can be parried.
- Can be easily staggered despite their size.
- Usually accompanied by wolves.
Millwood Knight Notes & Trivia
- One group is located near a large white tree. Some believe that this is a sort of substitute for the Ethereal Oak of their lost home.
- Their armor, weapons, and culture appear to be inspired by vikings and Norse mythology.
- The Millwood warrior carrying the Earth Seeker is known as the Millwood Chieftain.
- Their society is one of religious ceremonies and rites. The Millwood Chieftan would be more accurately described as a High Priest, as stated by the Earth Seeker item description. The Earth Seeker even has a small Faith requirement and Faith scaling.
- It is speculated that the Ethereal Oak that the Millwood Knights worship is, in fact, a Spirit Tree.
- Some speculate that the Abyss Dragon they battled may be either Midir from The Ringed City DLC, or Black Dragon Kalameet from Dark Souls.
- Their equippment is obtainable. The Millwood Knight Armor Set and Millwood Greatarrows can be obtained via the Shrine Handmaid once you give her the Captain's Ashes, and the Millwood Greatbow, Ethereal Oak Shield, Millwood Battle Axe, Quakestone Hammer, and Earth Seeker are all scattered around Ariandel as loot.
Millwood Knight Variations