|Enemy Type||Abnormal Animal|
|Weakness||Bleed, Frost, Fire|
Basilisk is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Basilisks are reptile-like enemies that possess very large "eyes" (see below) and a bloated sac beneath their mouth. They are usually found in water-polluted areas making distinct clicking noises. Using the sac under their mouth, they release a green smog that causes those caught within it to accumulate Curse. Standing in this smoke for too long will cause instant death.
- Very fast enemy, even when in the mud.
- Attacks spread fog, which increase Curse build-up, what may end in player's instant death.
- Basilisks clearly signal their attacks and their smoke often needs a second to take effect.
- Unlike the Dark Souls II variation, they don't deal physical damage.
- Can be lured?
- Can be Rapported?
- Weak to Fire Damage, Frostbite and Bleed.
- Immune to Poison/Toxic.
- Stacking many curse-resistance items, armors, and spells (Curse Ward Greatshield, Cursebite Ring, Fleshbite Ring, Prayer Set, Antiquated set, Mossfruit, Profuse Sweat) will allow you to effectively face-tank any curse buildup and safely clear out groups of basilisks.
Notes & Trivia
- Moving behind a Basilisk is usually enough to evade the deadly smoke.
- The large orange-red spheres on their heads are not eyes, but rather an intimidation method that is shown in real life animals today. Their real eyes are a pure white and rather small.