|Enemy Type||Ghru or Demon|
|Weakness||Bleed, Poison, Dark, Lightning|
|Resistances||Fire, Blunt, Frost|
|Immune||Rapport, Alluring Skull|
Smoldering Ghru (aka Demon Cleric) is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Smoldering Ghru Enemy Description
- A Ghru that Found in Demon Ruins, has different horns, 4 arms and wears a beak mask.
- utilizes pyromancies (longe range) and wields a machete (close range).
- Will summon Chaos Fire Orbs.
Smoldering Ghru Combat Information
- Health: NG (1425), NG+ (2038), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- They are armed with the Great Machete and a Pyromancy Flame (not visible). They have four hands and they use a similar moveset to Yhorm's Great Machete (1-handed downward chops, 2-handed slam attacks). With the flame, they can use spells similar to Fire Orb, Fire Whip, and what seems to be the Floating Chaos spell from the Ashes of Ariandel DLC.
- Their balls of fire can spawn on various heights, some of them will be unreachable by all but the furthest-reaching vertical melee attacks.
- Balls of Fire do not have a lot of health, making bows and crossbows an excellent ranged solution even for non-DEX builds (through observation, they die after inflicting >/= 100 damage).
- Balls of Fire take no damage from fire-based attacks.
- If the Ghru is killed, all their spawned balls will disappear.
- Can be lured?
- Can't be Rapported.
- Very weak against bleed. With barbed straight sword (Fully upgraded) +Carthus Rouge, every second hit caused huge bleeding damage.
- Can be parried/riposted and backstabbed.
Smoldering Ghru Drops
- Souls: NG (900), NG+ (2700), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Almost always Titanite Shards.
- Chaos Gem (Rare)
Smoldering Ghru Notes & Trivia
- When they are about to create another floating fireball sentry, they will telegraph this with a high-pitched whine. Use this opportunity to backstab them before they can finish making the sentry.
- The horns and the noises they make seems closer to Ghrus than Demons. This can be proven by looking at the other Ghrus in the Demon Ruins and compare their horns and noises.
- The description of the Floating Chaos spell suggests that it may be the same as the fireball turret sentries used by these enemies. With that in mind, these Ghrus may actually be clerics.
- The Chaos Fire Orbs summoned by the Ghru Clerics will disappear when they are killed.
Smoldering Ghru Variations
|Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruin||Titanite shard (Very common)|
|Chaos Gems (Rare)|