Bleed, Poison, Dark, Lightning,
Black Knight Weapons
|Resistances||Fire, Blunt, Frost|
|Immune||Rapport, Alluring Skull|
Smoldering Ghru is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Smoldering Ghru Enemy Description
- A Demon found in Smouldering Lake and Old King's Antechamber, possessing four arms, a crown of horns and a beaked face.
- Utilizes long and mid-range Pyromancies and wields a Great Machete.
- Will summon Chaos Fire Orbs.
Smoldering Ghru Combat Information
- Health: NG (1425), NG+ (2038), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- They are armed with the Great Machete and a Pyromancy Flame (not visible). They have four hands and they use a similar moveset to Yhorm's Great Machete (1-handed downward chops, 2-handed slam attacks). With the flame, they can use spells similar to Fire Orb, Fire Whip, and what seems to be the Floating Chaos spell from the Ashes of Ariandel DLC.
- Their balls of fire can spawn on various heights, some of them will be unreachable by all but the furthest-reaching vertical melee attacks.
- Balls of Fire do not have a lot of health, making bows and crossbows an excellent ranged solution even for non-DEX builds (through observation, they die after inflicting >/= 100 damage).
- Balls of Fire take no damage from fire-based attacks.
- If the Smoldering Ghru is killed, all Chaos Fire Orbs that it spawned will disappear.
- Can be lured?
- Can't be Rapported.
- Very weak against bleed. With barbed straight sword (Fully upgraded) +Carthus Rouge, every second hit caused huge bleeding damage.
- Can be parried/riposted and backstabbed.
Smoldering Ghru Drops
- Souls: NG (900), NG+ (2700), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Almost always Titanite Shards.
- Chaos Gem (Rare)
- Large Titanite Shards (Rare)
Smoldering Ghru Notes & Trivia
- When they are about to create another floating fire orb, they will telegraph this with a high-pitched whine. Use this opportunity to backstab them before they can finish making the fire orb.
- Despite being titled as 'Clerics', they possess no miracles whatsoever.
- The description of the Floating Chaos spell suggests that it may be the same as the floating fire orbs used by these enemies.
- The Chaos Fire Orbs summoned by the Smoldering Ghrus will disappear when they are killed.
Smoldering Ghru Variations
|Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruin||Titanite shard (Very common)|
|Chaos Gems (Rare)|