Monstrosity of Sin is an enemy in Dark Souls 3.
A repulsive monster that Slumbers in the Profaned Capital.
With a frothing mouth shaped like a hand, stone-like flesh and eyes on its chest, these monstrosities live up to their name.
- Can be found sleeping in the Profaned Capital church, surrounded by a toxic swamp and Sewer Centipedes.
- One can be found sleeping on the second floor of the church.
- Three others can be found behind a wooden gate on the ground floor of the church.
- They have a lot of health and their attacks do a lot of damage, but they are rather slow, making it easier to keep proper distance.
- They use a fighting style involving rolls, buttstomps and crawling.
- They are very susceptible to bleed damage. Any weapon with bleed + Carthus Rouge will inflict bleed in 1 hit, making them very easy to kill. This is by far the most effective strategy when it comes to dealing with them. Kukris also cause bleeding, making them an effective alternative which can take care of them from a distance. If you'd rather not use infusions or consumable items, you can easily kill them using the Black Blade, as it only takes 2-3 hits to trigger blood loss.
- Despite being an Abyssal creature, they are weak to dark.
- They have a deadly grab attack after standing that results in them eating you. However, you can counter attack its eyes on its belly for a riposte. This is easy to pull off using the Armor of Thorns Set. It is even easier still from range using bows, crossbows, and magic; while locked on and with good timing, the projectile can be made to hit their vulnerable spot when they stand up to deliver their attack, setting them up for an easy, virtually risk-free riposte.
- The two that are found asleep inside the church on the first floor can become stuck in the doorway once aggroed, due to the large size of their bodies. If you stand far enough away they'll be unable to use any of their leap, grab, or charge attacks (which have the potential to reposition them) but will continue following you, making it easy to safely pick one off with a bow or spells.
- Their grab attack will also drain some of your collected souls. It drains 150 each second for 7 seconds total (1050 souls), but the grab can be escaped by button-mashing, allowing you to escape after 4 seconds and losing 600 souls.
Notes & Trivia
- It has more than 5 fingers on all of its hands.
- The growths on the palm and fingers of its "main hand" are very reminiscent of Manus.