|~621||900||Irithyll of the Boreal Valley|
|Strike, Dark, Fire||Frost, Bleed||N/A|
Pontiff Knight is an enemy in Dark Souls 3
Pontiff Knight Information
The Pontiff Knights are frigid spirits that linger in Irithyll. There are 3 different Versions in the Game:
- Wielding Pontiff Knight Curved Sword
- Wielding a Pontiff Knight Curved Sword & Pontiff Knight Shield
- Wiedling a Pontiff Knight Great Scythe
- You can find Pontiff Knight in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
- Souls: NG (900), NG+ (2700), NG++ (2971), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Weapons: Pontiff Knight Curved Sword, Pontiff Knight Great Scythe
- Shields: Pontiff Knight Shield
- Armor: Pontiff Knight Set
- Other: Large Titanite Shard
- Both scimitar and scimitar/shield variants are able to spit a ranged, dark Pursuer-like orb that chases the player and has moderate tracking abilities. This is telegraphed by them pausing and making a liquid sound before bending over and shooting the orb.
- Shields that can parry spells can parry the orbs.
- Pontiff Knights unleash aggressive combos that can break your guard.
- One combo includes them enhancing their weapon with magic mid-swing. The range of this attack is longer than their typical melee ones and the magic will deal damage directly to the player regardless of whether or not they have their shield up.
- Pontiff Knights attacks deals Slash Damage or Dark Damage. May also cause Frostbite.
- Their shields are relativily weak and they can be stunlocked with fast weapons.
- Variation using scythe can cast a spell, that - within short range - may quickly inflict frostbite
- Weak to Strike Damage, Dark Damage and Fire Damage.
- Resistant to Frostbite and Bleed.
- Can be lured.
- Cannot be rapported